We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Beach Hotel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Beach Hotel

We’ve just booked 3 nights at the above hotel with our 3 girls (10 & under). We will be driving from WDW via Sawgrass Mills so thinking we can stop at a FL beach on the way... can we drive a coastal way with ease to Miami Beach? We’ve driven LA to San Fran etc before so hoping it’s not any more difficult with freeways etc 😂

We aren’t sure if we want to get rid of our hire car straight away or keep it for the next 2 days to drive to the upper keys & Everglades etc. Are we far from kid friendly places to eat? How’s parking? Is it tricky to get around?

Mentioned in this post
Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Mills
8,146 Reviews
Sunrise, FL
6 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,408 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

Tee>

Which Grand Beach did you book? We have more than one.

Driving from WDW is best via the turnpike and after Sawgrass Mills, use 95 south to get to your hotel. If you hang onto the rental car, you can take many coastal drives and do a day trip to the Upper Keys via Card Sound Road which is a glorious scenic route.

AG

Mentioned in this post
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,767 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Mills
8,146 Reviews
Sunrise, FL
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

Oh really, the one we are booking is grand beach hotel Miami Beach... Collins ave.

Yay, we love coastal drives!

Mentioned in this post
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,037 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

They’re both on Collins Ave. What number?

Mentioned in this post
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,037 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

Oops sorry! 4835 😊👍

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

Orlando to Miami Beach via Sawgrass mall and a beach stop on the way is not the most direct way, but if you have time, you can do it:

Take the Florida Turnpike from Orlando going south. Near Jupiter (just north of Palm Beach) use the exit to Hwy 706 (Indiantown Rd) to switch over to I-95 going south. Take the Atlantic Ave exit near Delray and go east to Delray Beach. If you like and have time you can spend time at the public beach there, quite a nice beach. After that, if you have time you can head directly south along the coast on route A1A to Deerfield Beach, where you can head west on Hillsboro Blvd to US 1 S to SE 10 Street and head west. It becomes the Sawgrass Expressway, and you get to Sawgrass Mills after 20 miles.

Not the most direct route, but Sawgrass Mills is not anywhere near a beach.

Traffic is generally better than the bigger California cities, I would not be concerned. Avoid rush hours and be cautious of some bad drivers.

Parking is not easy at the Grand Beach mid-beach, but there are municipal surface parking lots at 46 Street and 53 Street off Collins Ave if you want to try self parking. You will definitely need a car if you want to go to Sawgrass, Everglades, Keys etc.

Sawgrass is a very big mall, you might consider doing that separately from your drive from Orlando. The Everglades are hot and buggy in the summer, not sure I'd go there until late October.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 05:01
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Jupiter
Jupiter
Florida
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
2,166 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Deerfield Beach
Deerfield Beach
Broward County, FL
Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Mills
8,146 Reviews
Sunrise, FL
Grand Beach Hotel
Grand Beach Hotel
5,767 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,037 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Beach Hotel

Thanks soo much!

Haha yep I know it’s big, I’m excited though. Have my stores I want to visit though and I know hubby will be happy to get a corinita from rainforest cafe at the end so will be fine.

Reply to: Grand Beach Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted