We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
53 reviews
1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

I'm a frequent traveler to Miami Beach. I'm going again this July. Last summer, I stayed a few nights at 1 Hotel South Beach and fell in love. Food, drinks, low-key sexy atmosphere, amenities, service, and room (had an ocean view king with balcony) were A+++

I had plans to return to 1 Hotel this year, but now I'm thinking about giving the Fontainebleau a try. I know that the Fontainebleau is mid beach. I can always get around using to other areas using Lyft or Uber, so that's not an issue.

I'm more concerned with which has the better service, atmosphere, and amenities. I practically lived at the adult-only rooftop pool and the beach in 1 Hotel. Is the Fontainebleau the same level or a couple of steps down? Is there anyone on the forum who has stayed at both hotels?

All input is appreciated. Thanks!

1 reply
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,507 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: 1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

The Fontainebleau is a self contained resort, like 1 Hotel, but more of a Vegas type scene...the pool area at FB is much larger and much more busier than at 1 Hotel. It also has better restaurants, IMHO, and a full fledged night club—LIV.

I guess it depends do you want an even bigger, busier scene than 1 Hotel or not??

Another option you might enjoy if you prefer a good pool—but not a scene, with on premise restaurants, spa, etc but on a smaller scale would be the Miami Beach Edition.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 06:02
Reply to: 1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted