We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

I'm a frequent traveler to Miami Beach. I'm going again this July. Last summer, I stayed a few nights at 1 Hotel South Beach and fell in love. Food, drinks, low-key sexy atmosphere, amenities, service, and room (had an ocean view king with balcony) were A+++

I had plans to return to 1 Hotel this year, but now I'm thinking about giving the Fontainebleau a try. I know that the Fontainebleau is mid beach. I can always get around using to other areas using Lyft or Uber, so that's not an issue.

I'm more concerned with which has the better service, atmosphere, and amenities. I practically lived at the adult-only rooftop pool and the beach in 1 Hotel. Is the Fontainebleau the same level or a couple of steps down? Is there anyone on the forum who has stayed at both hotels?

All input is appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,622 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
14,528 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
1 reply
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,241 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau

The Fontainebleau is a self contained resort, like 1 Hotel, but more of a Vegas type scene...the pool area at FB is much larger and much more busier than at 1 Hotel. It also has better restaurants, IMHO, and a full fledged night club—LIV.

I guess it depends do you want an even bigger, busier scene than 1 Hotel or not??

Another option you might enjoy if you prefer a good pool—but not a scene, with on premise restaurants, spa, etc but on a smaller scale would be the Miami Beach Edition.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 06:02
Mentioned in this post
14,528 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
The Miami Beach EDITION
The Miami Beach EDITION
1,828 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Reply to: 1 Hotel South Beach vs Fontainebleau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted