We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two night stay for family

Ireland
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Two night stay for family

Greetings from Ireland!

We travel to Miami December 28 for a cruise departing Port Everglades on December 30 - 2 adults, 4 children.

We would like to see Miami on the 29th - open top bus tour.

A little confused where to stay - here’s what I’m thinking. Arrange a transfer from Miami airport to a downtown hotel (near the open top bus route). Hopefully be close to nice restaurants for dinner on the night of arrival. Do bus tour the next day. Then hire a car the morning of the 30 to drive to Port Everglades - with a stop for some shopping along the way.

Any advice on a hotel? Happy to take 2 queen rooms. Budget around $300 per room per night.

There appears to be lots of nice hotels (and reasonable ones) out at the airport area, but I think this may be a bit of hassle getting us all into the city the next morning for a tour.

Don’t mind not being near a beach - just a nice central area.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two night stay for family

Hi there!

There are plenty of hotels near the Downtown area, so entering your trip dates and budget into the TA search engine (top of this page) can bring up a complete list to consider. This site has reviews from recent guests so you know what you're booking before you choose.

Check rates at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Epic, Hyatt Downtown, Marriott Biscayne Bay and Hampton Inn Brickell to see what suits your family.

AG

Level Contributor
177 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two night stay for family

Hi. Brickell area of downtown (just south of downtown) has many hotels, many with rooftop pools and nice views of Biscayne Bay. Brickell City Centre is a good venue to pop into maybe the first night for dinner. Highly recommend visiting Miami Beach and the hop on hop off will take you over there. I love the Epic Hotel by Kimpton. Winter is high travel season so prices will reflect. I’d definitely recommend downtown/Brickell over airport area. Especially if you are then headed up to Ft Lauderdale to depart cruise.

Las Olas Avenue is a nice shopping/eating street up in Ft Lauderdale not far from Pt. Everglades.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 10:06
miami, fl.
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two night stay for family

The Brickell area is buzzing with restaurants and nightlife. It's definitely the place to stay. December is high season, so check out your options. The Epic hotel and four seasons have gorgeous rooftop pools.

As far as shopping on your way to Ft. Lauderdale, I would make a stop at Aventura mall, a little more then half way from Downtown Miami to port Everglades

Enjoy

Reply to: Two night stay for family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted