We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather

Hi there,

I'm currently scheduled to stay in South Beach from May 16-23 and was disappointed to see that the forecast is for clouds and rain every day. Would anyone be able to offer any insight about how accurate this might be? Currently debating whether or not to cancel/reschedule my ticket.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,612 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Best Seller
Miami Combo Tour: City Sightseeing...
884 Reviews
from USD 67.99*
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
135 Reviews
from USD 38.00*
South Beach Bicycle Rental
8 Reviews
from USD 8.00*
9 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Nobody can predict but recent forecasts have called for partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and this week was partly/mostly sunny with no rain.

It has been more overcast/cloudy today than earlier this week, but who knows. Most likely, if it rains it is a passing 30-40 minute thunderstorm and then it clears up.

I would not cancel your vacation. Where else would you go at the last minute without incurring fees and/or paying higher rates without advanced purchase??

Edited: 13 May 2018, 02:28
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

As above, it’s a bit too far away to say for certain. If you’re looking for clear blue sky’s, you’ll likely be disappointed. If the chance of isolated thunderstorms and partly cloudy is ok, then come on down.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,538 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Rain can be a quick thunderstorm or an all day rain, no idea for a place like Miami.

Mentioned in this post
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I am also majorly stressed about this! I am coming to Miami from 18th - 21st then on to key west, the weather looks abysmal :-( I appreciate that at this time of year thunderstorms are likely, but forecast all day every day!!?!? I really hope not :-(

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Who knows ? Yesterday and today were forecast to be total washouts, it rained ALL day yesterday, today is ok so far.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

interesting, but Objets--you are up in FLL, correct??....we had rain on and off (mostly off) during the day in Miami yesterday.....has been overcast, with glimpses of the sun and no rain , through the morning here as well.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

It’s been raining all day so far in Key West. Yesterday it rained for about 6 hours starting early in the morning, but cleared a bit in the afternoon.

Looks like the rainy season may have started early!

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

yup....usually it does not start until next month or even July....been a somewhat interesting weather year for 2018.... I commented on a City Data forum how this year seemed a little cooler than usual (with the exception of a brief stretch in February) and that I even had to wear my winter jacket when going out for morning coffee at least half a dozen times earlier in the year. By no means has it been awful, I have found it to be a bit more diverse and enjoyable!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,537 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

I work outside and dread the rainy season. It’s pouring here now (just west of FLL) and Thor is adding to the mix. Glad I’m off today...

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted