We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

Miami, Florida
1 post
U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

How was the rental experience for you? It was HORRIBLE for us! We rented an SUV at U Save through Orbitz. We showed up promptly on time and they did not have what we booked. Then without even apologizing, they smugly just offered 2 alternatives and we had no choice but to take what they had. The Manager got involved, and he was just rude and awful. On bringing the car back, we asked to speak to someone who was in charge of the office, and we were to told that there "was no one in charge", just "us workers". Wow. A botched rental, dingy car, rude. I will NEVER rent from them again. I hope that Orbitz takes care of this. We shall see....

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from USD 49.99*
USD 75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
178 Reviews
from USD 38.00*
Big Bus Miami Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,347 Reviews
from USD 29.00*
36 replies to this topic
Miami, Florida
1 post
1. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

I was initially given what had reserved, until I had gotten pulled over by the Fort Lauderdale police I had no idea the license plates were expired. The gentlemen inside was not the least bit apologetic and asked if I wanted to return the car. He gave a supposed upgrade to a VW convertible. I was just relieved that I did not get a ticket and wanted this nonsense over. This upgrade is a smaller car with a tiny trunk that does not accommodate my luggage. When calling back in to address this dilemma I was told by the man that I have had all of my contact with that this was an acceptable accommodation considering what I had initially reserved and did have. This is not how I intended to spend my vacation, getting pulled over by police and making call after to call to get a favorable resolution. I have called the corporate offices and told them I was having problems at one their franchises. I gave my contact information and am awaiting to speak with the owner. I am not a happy customer.

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

My experience was worse than yours at U-SAVE, MIA Airport! First of all, nowhere does it say that they open at 7:a.m. I started calling since 6 a.m. upon arrival, without success. At 7 a.m. someone in a bad mood answered the phone and said I had to wait for the shuttle. Once at the office, we had to face a very disagreeable employee, who in my opinion was either overworked or high on something. He was very impatient and rude. He wanted to sell the SUNPASS package, and when I tried to inquire a bit more about it, comparing it with the tolls in California, he was very rude. I told him he had to learn to treat clients with more respect, and that's when he lost it. He said he would not rent me the car and tore the contract. "You could be my mother and I want to be respectful, but you are the one who has to learn some respect. I'm not renting you the car. That's it." I was in shock, but I had been flying all night and had waited for two hours, so I said that he HAD TO give me the car I had booked. He repeatedly told me I had to learn to respect him, that he was doing that job "on the side". I was never rude to him. At the end he reluctantly apologized and gave me the contract and the car I had booked. I have traveled the world and rented many cars, and I have never ever had such a horrible experience, and hope I never will again. His name is Marcos. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY. They have no customer care skills whatsoever!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
3. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

I rented a car from USave just one week ago.When I got to the Miami Car Rental center, I had to call their company. We waited for about an hour before they shuttle us to their office to pick up the car we rented. I was shocked when I saw how much it cost to rent the car overall. The customer services sales person told us we had to get a Sun pass because all the highways in Miami had tolls and that if we travelled on highways we need the Sunpass(not true).I told him that my Insurers insure me in USA and that my coverage included rental cars but he said their policy is that we have to buy their Florida insurance( rip off).What I thought would cost me $80 plus US dollars for five days cost me almost 4 times as much.To make matters worst they withdraw a deposit of $250 US as holder fee and are now telling me I have to wait 15 to 21 days to get refunded.I am completely disappointed that they actually withdraw the deposit instead of just having my credit card on file as security.I would not use another so called cheap rental company again.Next time I will use a reputable car rental company.My mistake was that I did not read reviews before I booked with USAVE.

San Diego...
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

"Next time I will use a reputable car rental company.My mistake was that I did not read reviews before I booked with USAVE."

SO WILL I! NEVER AGAIN. Thank you.

Ottawa
1 post
1 review
5. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

MAKE SURE YOU WALK AWAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND GO ELSEWHERE.

Car was not as reserved (we got a Pathfinder 7 seat minivan alternative instead of a 4Runner and they said it was an upgrade but there was only 2 people in the car). Booked through Expedia and it was a big mistake. We thought we had paid with our travel points. Nope, we had to pay when we got there and they told us this was just a reservation (the points are still gone from Expedia). Extra insurance fees, extra driver fees, fees for this and that. The shuttle took 20 minutes to get to the airport (it's a 5 minute walk). Car was in poor shape (I trust my 12 year old salt driven beater more than the Pathfinder we received). Suspension rocked quite significantly at low speed stops and probably was not fit for the road. It already had many dings and damaged spots. Still waiting to get the 250$ deposit refunded 15 plus business days later. Phone is always busy, debating calling Visa to have them marked as a fraudulent business. Will call Expedia and demand to have the business removed from their listings. I took photos of the car damage before hand hopefully that will help have the money refunded (especially since we had 2 types of insurance for damage and didn't hit anything at all).

MAKE SURE YOU WALK AWAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND GO ELSEWHERE.

San Juan, Puerto...
1 post
6. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

Had a reservation confirmed by car rentals.com .

At the MIAMI Airport had to wait for 25 minutes until the shuttle finally arrived .

Then when at the service desk thing started to get ugly . zThe attendant informed that one of the extra charges was international insurance that is mandatory . My drivers license is from Puerto Rico . International ?? Are you kidding me ??? Even though I was paying with a credit card that covers damage on the car . Not only that ,

I have insurance in the US thru State Farm and showed him the proof . My insurance has higher limits than what he was trying to force me to buy . Noshere in the website mentions PuertoRico as being considered an

International zcountry . They are just a rip off and should not be allowed to do business anywhere.

Too bad for me they have 2 locations in my so called “ International Country “ . What kind of ignorance lack of Knowledge we are facing today .

Don’t rent from this company !!! Stay away from them !!!!

New Delhi, Delhi...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

After reading all the reviews and seeing the kind of experience I had I really believe that all these online portals need to stop advertising them. I rented out a car from them on April 8, 2018 and returned it on April 12. They asked for a deposit of $1,000 and added a limitation of driving 50 miles per day which is not at all mentioned when I booked the car online. The worst happened when I returned the car. The inspection person inspected the car and said to me everything is fine, I saw him putting "Damage to Vehicle on Return" -- He put YES. I asked them why yes when there is no damage to the car. He mentioned me relax it happened by mistake. I said ok. When I went inside to the person handling customers I asked him 10 times if there is any other charge I need to pay. He said No, Everything is OK in your car. Minutes later, I get an email from them in which it was stated that there is a damage to the car upon return. I didn't even reach airport when I got this email. I immediately returned back to their warehouse and inquired about it. Their behavior with me was super rude which made my believe that this is a fraud happening at U-SAVE CAR RENTAL, MIAMI. They had taken $1,000.00 deposit and now with this email they can deduct whatever amount they want. I inquired further about it and the person started getting racist and gave me racist remarks and told me to call whomsoever I want. I dialed 911 and called police. The police came and listened the story from all the parties. This company person was rude to the police as well. Finally, they admitted that it was a fault at their end. Imagine, my flight was late and I had this much time in my hand that I could go back and inquire about it. I believe they are doing a fraud with the customers' security deposit. I wish that platforms like TripAdvisor, go through these reviews and take them seriously. So that the customers finding their platform to find out car renting services should not have bad experience and come back to their site again for good experiences. I have all the proofs with me and if they don't refund my amount within specific time, I would be left with no other option except to seek help from Better Business Protection.

Levis, Canada
1 post
1 review
8. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

Thank you so much for your review... I was about to rent with them! Luckily, I saw your comments!

Thanks again!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
9. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

Usave car rental in Miami is one of the worst car rental experiences we have had. The charge was more than we had printed on our reservation and it included a deposit over and above. Our biggest complaint is this deposit has not been returned to us. Their song and dance of "7 to 10 business days" is an outright lie. It has now been 27 days with no refund. The phone numbers are not working - no messages can be left. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM ANY LISTING.

1 post
10. Re: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA

Horrible experience with the counter guy who said to be called Guillerno. I was offered a good deal from Expedia and made a reservation for a rental car for 2 weeks. When I arrived to the place, the counter guy tells me that since I have a Florida drivers license I am only allow 50 miles per day and would be charge $0.49/additional mile. I was surprised but said ok. Then he said I could not use my own Sunpass device to be charge tolls, but I would have to use theirs, and that I would be charged $10 per every toll detection, regardless the actual charge. I was also surprised but again say ok. Then he asked me what insurance I have, so I said I would use American Express card that has full coverage, then he said that my American Express card that has full coverage did not have liability, to which I said I would take the risk if that was the case. They said that unless I purchase the liability coverage to them they would not rent me the car. To make the story shorter, I walked out and will never come back to U-Save. While this is irrelevant, the place is infested by German roaches and termites; while waiting to be "helped", it was 2 pm in the afternoon and I saw a German roach walking through the customer line area. Then when the guy handed me some papers to sign, one of the papers had a live termite. I should be left it right there. In summary, keep away from that place.

Reply to: U Save Car Rental - Miami Airport MIA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted