We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Lake Mary

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
230 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Lake Mary

It seems a bit odd that I would be planning a getaway to central Florida, but my husband has business earlier in the week in Orlando. I was thinking of booking the Westin Lake Mary for the weekend because of its good reviews. I don't see any pictures of people using the pool. Is this a good hotel just to relax - no meetings to attend? We have options of using Starwood or Hilton points for this getaway.

Edited: 22 December 2011, 02:33
3 replies to this topic
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,401 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Lake Mary

From everything I've seen, it is a very nice hotel. It's in a fairly quiet and affluent area, with a nice restaurant in the hotel and bunch of other bars and restaurants very near-by. It should be fairly sleepy on the weekend, assuming nobody's booked it for a wedding or anything like that.

One thing about this hotel is that it's not all that close to any tourist type attractions. The theme parks are 45 minutes in one direction. Daytona Beach is 45 minutes in the other direction. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a spa or pool-side drink service. But, the pool looks at least as nice as most in the tourist areas, unless you start getting into the resort hotels. They also say they have a heated pool, which could be helpful if you come during a cold-snap.

So, if you're just interested in a laid back weekend not going anywhere or doing anything, this is a reasonable choice.

Alabama
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Lake Mary

This YouTube video shows a brief view of the pool around the 29 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8oI7CyBKqo

Good luck with your visit to florida and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Alabama
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Lake Mary

This YouTube video shows a brief view of the pool around the 29 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8oI7CyBKqo

Good luck with your visit to florida and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Reply to: Westin Lake Mary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Mary
Recent Conversations