We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cold sandwich to-go

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best cold sandwich to-go

Back home, you can go to a higher-end grocery store and get an awesome, loaded sandwich fresh-made from their deli dept to take with you on a pick-nick or a day on the boat. Can anyone recommend a place (grocery or restaurant) for a great to-go cold sandwich? Bonus points if they have sprouts! :) Thanks!

Special Offer
Day Trip to Key West
53 Reviews
from USD 94.00*
USD 99.00
Fort Lauderdale to Key West Tour
21 Reviews
from USD 97.00*
Dolphin Research Center and Florida...
5 Reviews
from USD 155.88*
5 replies to this topic
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cold sandwich to-go

Publix!!!! They have the best sandwiches. No sprouts.... which I like too but haven’t found any in marathon. But, the deli is next to the sandwich counter so grab some sprouts.

Big Mouth next to Publix may work for you too.

Ps. The fresh made sandwiches at Publix are much better than the pre makes. Especially the Italian.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 01:53
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cold sandwich to-go

Thanks BW! I knew you'd have the best scoop. Now if you can just get it to stop pouring so I can get out somewhere to enjoy it! :)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cold sandwich to-go

We call it a rum front! Especially tomorrow if the charters can’t go out - they will be out and about for the rum front!

Sorry about the weather. We really needed it tho. Had a storm last week. Before that the last measurable rain was in January.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cold sandwich to-go

Not sure if you’re a beer drinking - but if you are head up to one of the two tasting rooms in Islamorada. Good rainy day fun.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cold sandwich to-go

I'm more of a rum-front kind of guy, but thanks! Boat rental guy said that Tues & Wed are supposed to be a bit drier. Now I just need to find a few folks that want a free ride out to the reef for some snorkeling.

Reply to: Best cold sandwich to-go
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marathon