We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

Valrico, Florida...
2 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

hi there, I have been a past member of the FF craziness, but now have new man to share the memories with. We have friends that live on Big Pine Key, but would prefer to stay in KW so we don't miss any of the insanity. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay or where to avoid? I know it is early, but things are starting to book up quickly. Thanks so much for the help. Have a great day!

Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
134 Reviews
from USD 145.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from USD 49.99*
USD 75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
144 Reviews
from USD 63.00*
Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

Old town, what's your budget? B&B, hotel, condo? Lots of options.

Valrico, Florida...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

thank you so much. We have given ourselves a budget of $1k for 5 days. However, most of the condos we have been looking @ require a minimum of 7 days. Yikes! the other option we are looking @, is getting a big group of people to stay in a house, which makes it a little easier to split the cost. However, we just aren't sure what the best option is. I would like to be in Old Town, but New Town would be quieter @ night. Help!!!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

New town, may grab a hotel shuttle when they run. After that a cab is like $20 with the tip. Shipyard condos were $3000 for the week. Ibis Bay, Parrot Key get good marks. $1000 for 5 nights will be tough.

Edited: 03 November 2012, 01:14
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,084 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

While I like New Town, I would prefer Old Town for Fantasy Fest since traffic is bad and cabs can be scarce. You might look at The Grand Guesthouse. It is in Old Town, but several blocks off Duval in a quiet, residential area. I think they have some rooms around $200 per night. No pool, but it is clean and gets great reviews. They likely have a 5 night minimum.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

Last Friday and Saturday cabs were very difficult to catch, we ended up riding in a gypsy cab just to get back to the condo.

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

We stayed at The Angelina Guesthouse during Fantasy Fest a few years ago. They are clothing optional during Fantasy Fest. The prices were a little higher than their normal rates but still a good deal. We also didn't have to stay a minimum number of days. Definitely give them a call!

7. Re: Where to stay for Fantasy Fest 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 21:18