We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Meteor

baltimore
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The Meteor

what is the status of the Meteor? Is it still closed, any chance of re-opening as the Meteor Smokehouse? I am still hopeful the owner can work things out and the landlord will also work with him.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Meteor

I understand its done and gone. There is a for sale sign on it.

2. Re: The Meteor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 02:21
baltimore
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Meteor

Thanks for responding, I am sorry to hear it. As someone else said, my husband and I made it the last stop on the way back to Truman. We would also go for happy hour after being at Ft. Zachary all day. We liked sitting outside at the bar and chilling out there. The wings and pulled pork were great and ice cold beer at good prices. I hope someone buys it and keeps it the same.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Meteor

Tutle Kraals is an alternative if you're looking for BBQ. I will miss the Meteor!

Gerrish Island...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Meteor

I snagged a menue on the last night of the first closing for a keepsake.

6. Re: The Meteor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 02:21
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,991 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Meteor

Neither does the food.

8-(

Pjk

baltimore
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Meteor

Is it a for sale by owner or a broker? If someone has a chance, I would appreciate getting that information. I read in the article that the owner of the Green Parrot owns the real estate, so I assume it is just the business.

Thanks

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Meteor

Cody,

You probably could find this info out if you called the Parrot or better yet contacted a real estate company.

The Green Parrot - (305) 294-6133

http://www.bascomgrooms.com/

baltimore
Level Contributor
183 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Meteor

Thanks, I appreciate the information.