We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Upminster
Level Contributor
266 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
GreyHound or Key Shuttle

I need to book my transport now from Miami to Key West and back again. Grey hound is quite cheap and i can't seem to find the prices for the Keys Shuttle. Has anyone taken them before and could recommend what is the better one?

What i would prefer to do is take a tour from Miami to Key West and stop at some places along the way to make the journey more interesting but can't find any places that could help me with this.

Key Lime Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Lost Reef Adventures
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Key West Water Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Equipment Hire, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Up The Keys
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours
Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Keys Shuttle!

google them for rates.

There are a few places in Miami that do Keys tours - don't know names, but they have barkers on Collins Ave in SOBE, the end near the Lowes.

Upminster
Level Contributor
266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

I have seen the tours but the ones i have found is basically a day trip to Key West and its not really a sightseeing tour through the rest of the keys which is what i really want.

Do you have a website for Barkers?

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Barkers isn't actually a place. A barker is somebody that stands outside a place and tries to lure you in by shouting "Specials today folks" and stuff like that :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

are you staying in kw for a few days or are you thinking of this as more a day trip?

you can easily do a one way car rental and do the drive yourself stopping wherever you like. depending on time of year this can be very affordable and much more relaxing and fun.

a straight drive without stopping from miami to kw is 4-41/2 hours.

Upminster
Level Contributor
266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Me and partner both can not drive so hiring a car is not an option. We are travelling up to Key West on 3rd October - returning on the 10th October for a flight back to London at 7pm.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

http://keysshuttle.com/

type in greyhound in the search box here for info on that. seems not too many recommend it. not a sightseeing bus, rather transport for folks living and working in the keys with frequent stops. you'd be an age getting to kw.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Keys Shuttle is better and more comfortable. Greyhound is well.....Greyhound.

RXC
Cambridge MA
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

I usually go to the Keys twice a year and always use the Kays Shuttle. They may have passengers that have to be dropped off at different places along the way but that makes the trip more interesting. It has never taken more than 4-1/2 hours to get to Key West for me.

GardeniaPalm
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Actually you can take the city bus from Florida City to Marathon for $1.85 per person each way. I think you can get another city bus from Marathon to Key West but am not sure.

They might frown upon luggage, too.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GreyHound or Key Shuttle

Another vote here for Key Shuttle. My former mother-in-law took the Greyhound once & it was a nightmare. She was 80 and the trip from Tampa over Miami to Key Largo took 14 hours. Drive time would have been 6 hrs. There was no opportunity for food or drink (because connection time was too short).

Also, did you think of flying on American Eagle from MIA to Key West?