We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

Has anyone tried these? I bought one yesterday for a sea trip I will be making soon but I also bought the "less drowsy" motion sickness tablets. I know that even though the tablets are less drowsy, I will still get very sleepy.

I would prefer to use the wristband if they really work! Does anyone know and if so, do you also know if they are waterproof (full exposure)?

Thanks so much!

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from USD 49.99*
USD 75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
154 Reviews
from USD 63.00*
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
142 Reviews
from USD 145.00*
Kansas City
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
1. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

I can't comment on the wrist bands, but I would suggest you contact your Dr. and get a prescription for the patches that go behind the ear. My wife gets seasick pretty easy and these work great, and with no drowsyness.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

Are the patches waterproof (complete submersion)?

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

I have heard mixed reviews about the wristbands. I think the pills are a little more reliable so I would stick with those if you have concerns. The worst thing to happen is the wristband won't work and by then it will be way too late to take a pill.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

" The worst thing to happen is the wristband won't work and by then it will be way too late to take a pill."

Yeap, that's why I asked.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
5. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

I know you can shower with the patches but I don't know about complete submersion. You can check out their web page here: http://www.transdermscop.com/index.htm

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
60 reviews
7. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

I feel your pain, though for me it's cars (unless I drive, go figure). I've used the patach and the bands in the past. More recently I have discovered some quickly dissolvable/chewable tablets called Nauzene. They work FAST. Get some perhaps as an emergency backup---or if not, good old Emetrol cherry flavor hasn't let me down, either.

Enjoy your trip! PS no, didn't get sick on Manhattahn Express (a coaster) in Vegas, just lost my voice from screaming (happily) in 30f night temps! :-)

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

I have only been motion sick a few times in my life. When the forecast calls for high seas, I take a Dramamine an hour before setting sail and I am usually fine. Once you get sick, nothing but getting to dry land is going to help.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

"quickly dissolvable/chewable tablets called Nauzene"

Where can I get these and do they work AFTER you start feeling sick?

I am trying to avoid Dramamine as I would like to be able to keep my eyes open to see the shark(s)! LOL

Northwest Indiana
Level Contributor
372 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Do the motion sickness wristbands work?

ca vol,

Try ginger pills.

They really work -as seen on Mythbusters, by my own testimonial and the people I gave some to on the Island "TIng and a party fishing boat.

You can get them anywhere - even Walmart