We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
2 reviews
KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

Hi,

Would love to hear your suggestions for Christmas Day Dinner, not looking for traditional christmas fayre, just somewhere nice, maybe waterside, for Dinner, i am expecting i need to book for this day, as it may be busy ?

2 Adults, 2 Kids, aged 12, any suggestions welcomed.

8 replies to this topic
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,504 posts
166 reviews
1. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

If by “nice” you mean fine dining type places, Latitudes and Louie’s Backyard are two good options. Look at the menus online. I give Louie’s the slight edge for food and Latitudes for the setting and quick ferry ride to Sunset Key.

For something more casual and waterfront look at Salute’s or Southernmost Beach Cafe. If you have a car, La Trattoria Oceanside would be another option.

I’m pretty sure all of these places are open Christmas Day, but when you reserve, you can confirm.

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,993 posts
121 reviews
2. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

One not waterside but the food is very good at Bliss on Petronia ---> http://www.blissrestaurantkw.com/

And Alonzo's at the Key West Bight does overlook the harbor. It's more known for its happy hours but I had a nice later dinner there on my last trip ---> http://alonzosoysterbar.com/alonzosmenu.htm Here, for the kids, they can choose a bunch of things form the appetizer menu to shar and try.

Pjk

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

I already have my reservations booked for our Christmas night dinner at Bagatelle on the outside balcony overlooking Duval. 3rd year in a row!!

Edited: 16 November 2018, 03:28
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

Wow, some great choices there - thank you SDT, FLboy22, and Pkj - i am checking them all out.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

Some good, but rather pricey suggestions, especially with the kids having larger eyes than bellies, any other favourites you can recommend ?

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
12,504 posts
166 reviews
6. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

Maybe look at Conch Republic Seafood. It’s on the harbor and more affordable than my prior recommendations.

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,993 posts
121 reviews
7. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

There are restaurants along the bight where all of the appitizers are half priced during happy hour. If dining no later than about 18:30 is OK, check out the Boathouse or Alonzos. The assortment of choices at these two is amazing.

Pjk

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day

SDT - a great recommendation, we are going to Conch on Xmas Eve.

Pjk - Thanks for that idea, we will check out the restaurants at the Bight.

Reply to: KW Restaurant Suggestions for Xmas Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted