We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

My daughter is 4 years old and does good with a mask and snorkle. I'm just worried about my daughter , wife and I all getting back to the boat, does anyone know if the currents will be a problem?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

My son snorkeled JP when he was 5 or 6. In summer, the place can be like a lake. A good guide or dive boat will know for sure

Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

Thank you , hopfully it will be like glass.

Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

When?

If you are talking about snorkeling at the little beach inside the Park on Largo Sound, there is no current. If you are talking about going outside the mangrove areas of JP into the ocean (still considered park boundaries) since the end of July, currents have been insanely strong. This is VERY unusual for summer here.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
216 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

I agree with wnbamiamisol it all depends on your location, if you are just spending snorkeling off the beach in the park there should be a problem, if you mean taking their boat trip out on the open water to go snorkeling I would have to say it depends on the conditions that day

5. Re: When snorkling at Jp are the currents strong ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 16:16