We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gulf

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
10 reviews
The Gulf

Anyone eaten at The Gulf yet? (New restaurant that is located down the street from Pandora's and is not on the gulf but on the sound) I have read mixed reviews.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: The Gulf

We went there for the first time last Saturday. The location is gorgeous. And we had great food. My husband had a grilled swordfish sandwich, and I had the chicken tender sandwich (we had been on a 6:30 am flight and I wanted something simple), my chicken sandwich was so good, big chunks of lightly breaded chicken, very crispy with a yummy sauce. We do not usually eat fries, but we were starving, and shared an order and they were hot, crispy and yummy. We would definitely go back, so enjoyed sitting and watching boats go by. I just had ice tea, but the wine was maybe a little pricey.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
133 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: The Gulf

We rented a pontoon and went past this restaurant from the bay side and it looks like the neatest place I've ever seen. I will definitely go there the next time just to check it out.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
448 posts
117 reviews
3. Re: The Gulf

I had lunch there yesterday. Super casual and I loved the beachy/rustic/industrial vibe. The menu is small and you do order at the counter, but they bring the food out to you. There is a bar outside, a gift shop, hammocks, ping pong and a bay view. Lots to do, various seating options, and very kid friendly. The food was pretty good. The fries were homemade and excellent.

I would go again.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: The Gulf

We had lunch there last week and had a great time...

Pros:

Beach area is gorgeous, as is the view.

Lots of funky places to hang and enjoy the laid back atmosphere

Ping Pong

Great staff working there

Charging stations for the Tesla!

Cool gift shop

Cons:

Pricey for what you get

Food comes in cardboard containers

Drinking $9 a glass wine out of a plastic cup (no glass allowed on the beach)

There can be a big line at the order window

Uncreative veggie options

The fries were not very good

5. Re: The Gulf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2017, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach