We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Matthew

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Hurricane Matthew

I will be coming to Fort Walton tomorrow afternoon. We will be traveling from Kentucky and coming through Alabama. Should we expect delays? I do not think the storm is supposed to reach the panhandle. Thank you!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
1. Re: Hurricane Matthew

It shouldn't affect that area at all. Have a look at any of the weather services.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
197 reviews
2. Re: Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Matthew is affecting the east coast of Florida - since you're headed to the Florida Panhandle, you shouldn't see any major events at all (but I'd recommend going to www.weather.com just to keep track of it).

Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Hurricane Matthew

Thank you both very much! I have been watching the weather and keeping track. Just wanted a little reassurance. Thanks again!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
133 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Hurricane Matthew

We are heading out from Kentucky Saturday heading to Fort Walton. I've been watching the weather closely all week. So far so good.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Hurricane Matthew

The weather is gorgeous here right now and the forecast calls for more of the same! You should have a wonderful vaca at the beach.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
50,031 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Hurricane Matthew

I wouldnt be worried if i was going to Ft Walton, but do keep an eye on this storm.

Hopefully ti will wither away or go out to the Atlantic, but they are modeling it to do a spin in the ocean back to the bahamas. And could go anywhere from there?

www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml…

7. Re: Hurricane Matthew

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2017, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach