We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

Delaware, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

We have a trip planned 8/26-9/3 this year and I'm just way too excited. First time in this area though, we usually go to Clearwater. We are staying at a condo at Sea Dunes on Okaloosa Island. I want your advice on everything!

How's the weather that time of year?

Favorite things to do around here? (Destin included)

Favorite restaurants? Pizza place?

Anything else you have to say about the area or advice?

Thank you! :)

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

The weather should be hot! Rain...maybe but maybe not.

Helen Back for pizza and fun.

Check the restaurants at the Boardwalk: Rockin' Taco ( avoid the pricey watered down margs) and Floyd's all you can eat stuff. I have not tried Al's but it looks very interesting. Asiago's Skillet is also great for breakfast.

Dolphin cruise out of Destin.

Lots of time on the gorgeous beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

We love sitting at the bar at Hightide restaurant and eating oysters. Love the pizzas and grilled chicken salad at Helen Back. We walk on the beach to the Boardwalk and eat tacos at Rockin Tacos. Two for one white tablecloth dinners at Marina Cafe between 5 and 6:00. Downtown Cinemas Plus shows movies for $5 every night at 7:00. You can watch a movie and have dinner at the same time! (We like their chicken quesadillas and personal pizzas - also popcorn, beer, wine, etc). We go down to Harborwalk Village and watch the fishing boats come in with their catches. Harborwalk has fireworks every Thursday night in the summer. Also Fat Tuesday parades every Tuesday.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

The weather that time of year is hot, hot, hot. The humidity is at it's highest but you live in Florida and know about that and the risks of hurricanes. Other than that, you will enjoy white beaches and beautiful waters. I would suggest you take in the sights and views of HarborWalk Village. They have shopping areas, boat cruises, Seablaster is my favorite, and also you can rent a pontoon boat and hang out in the middle of the sound where there is a huge waterslide and floating bar. Also there is Silver Sands shopping outlet in SanDestin which is not far and also Baytowne Wharf Village which is another hang out. There is also a dinner cruise (SunQuest Cruises) that cruise out of Baytowne Wharf beginning at 6pm.

You should have a great time and have fun in the Panhandle.

Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

Helen Back is the best pizza place and it's super close to your hotel! Aj's Ouster Shanty, Sealands and the Crab Trap are all of my favorite in Oakaloosa and Ft. Walton. The Fudpuckers in Ft.Walton has the best water rentals like jet skis and boats! In Destin, Dewey Destin, Pompano Joes, the Back Porch and Lulus are all good!

Cincy
Level Contributor
521 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

Stewby's is our favorite restaurant in the area. It is inland, but we go there before we grocery shop on our first day of the trip. The Walmart is close to Stewby's. Hope you enjoy the area!

Delaware, Ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

Thanks Pato52 for your information! I'm so excited to take all of your advice!

Avon, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

following

Edited: 12 January 2017, 00:33
8. Re: Asking for your Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa knowledge!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2018, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach