We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Pointe destin west

highland,illinois
1 post
1 review
Sandy Pointe destin west

Help I have a opportunity to go to Sandy Point Destin West though are GreatEscape membership but when i check on the condo I can,t seem to find anyone who has been there.Plawithtan.com gives it a 5 star If there is anyone who has been there please let me know what kind of place it is and how clean and in a safe place. ( leaving 10-17-08)

Littlebit2

Tampa, Florida
1 post
91. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Thinking of going to Sandy Pointe Destin West with TravelwithCTA. Please advise about cleanliness and safety.

MW

1 post
92. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

Stay during the last week of August 2016

(Read to the bottom for the most important part)

Ok so as a 29 year old, the area is sketchy, down to the fact that there are 3 gentlemens clubs in walking distance, so no surprise there. The restaurants are overpriced and mediocre at best, there is no pool or elevator, the beach is a 5 minute walk but for anyone with a child it's a no go as you do cross a 4 lane major road to get there. However the best western across the street was more than happy to let us use their pool, the one upside to this place. The rooms are decent, the bed isn't bad but the couch beds are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, my body still hurts so if there is more than 1 couple bring an extra bed option. However the worst of the WORST is you can hear absolutely EVERYTHING that goes on above you if you are on the first of the 2 floors. Every morning at 6 am the large group of people above us started making noises that sounded as if the ceiling was going to fall in on my head and it continued through the entire two days other than the couple hours between 11 pm and 6 am that they slept.. Upon complaining we did have a very nice maintenance guy move us to the room next door but as well we could hear movement above us, pretty sure the only reason it stopped was because the people checked out as we no longer saw their vehicles. If you're going to stay here request to be on the top floor but be prepared to walk the 4 sets of stairs with all your luggage. My personal advice, spring for the extra money and stay in Destin. The hotels, area, restaurants and everything else is just better.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
97 reviews
93. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

I used to own a time share type deal like you are speaking about with a company with a very similar name a few years ago. Do you possibly have the address?

94. Re: Sandy Pointe destin west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2017, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach