We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Island in March

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Island in March

My husband and I are arriving in Fort Myers in March for a week on Marco Island. We have an early morning flight home so would like a good hotel near the airport. It doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and with a shuttle to the airport. Any recommendations. Also, what is the best way to get from the airport to Marco Island? We do not plan to rent a car.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Island in March

Airport to Marco=you need a car. an Airport Hotel with shuttle is the one with Shoeless Joes at Bell Tower in Ft. Myers they will drive you to/from the airport. Marco is 1 1/2 -2 hour drive from RSW airport.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Island in March

It's not a 1 1/2 it's 40 minutes.

Google airport shuttle for Marco Island and you can find many that will bring you to Marco and take you to the airport. My mom does it all the time.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Island in March

Good hotel near the airport with shuttle -

Courtyard Marriott at I75 and Gulf Coast Town Center offer complimentary airport shuttle service from 5am to 11 pm

239-332-4747

or Springhill Suites 239-561-1803

Best way to get to Marco Island - taxi or limo/transportation service.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Island in March

Be sure to try the Snook Inn...such a cool bar/restaurant in Marco Island!

Marblehead...
Level Contributor
177 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Island in March

It's 40 minutes on 75 south to rte 951. Traffic can vary but typically moves regardless, unless there's an accident. There are plenty of driver services available online. Marco offers a wide array of restaurants and bars. The Snook is always a good spot but there are many others. You might consider a car rental. It might be cheaper than a service and would open up a lot of Marco to you. The island is big enough that a car is helpful and if you bid on Priceline, you'd be surprised at the rates you can get. I am heading home from Marco today and hate leaving. I've been coming here for 35 years. It's a great vacation spot. Enjoy.

6. Re: Marco Island in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach