We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

Hello!

Me and my boyfriend (both over 21) are flying over in July with my parents. We are unsure of where to stay though!

After sorting through tonss of villas, we realise that you get much more for your money on marco island villa-wise but have heard that marco island is v. quiet.

We like things going on but not too busy. We don't mind driving out to places at all - but is marco island a good place for that?

So we've been trying to decide between fort myers, naples and marco island. Any help will be welcome! We just want an area with some good food, a great local beach with things going on and basically just a good spot which is a good base to go on day trip adventures.

Thanks,

Helly

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

Check the responses at

tripadvisor.com/…38762869

I agree with those who indicated Naples as a first choice followed by Marco Island

scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

We stayed in Naples 2 years ago and found it a great base. It also has some great beaches, superb dining and there is plenty to do in the area.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
118 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

Did you look at sanibel?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

Naples has a great selection of good restaurants and a really nice stretch of beach. I've stayed in Naples and Fort Myers, and of those two, I'd recommend Naples. It's more upscale, so it costs more, but based on what you say you're looking for, Naples would be better.

Norwich
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

We are a retired UK couple visiting Florida for the first time. We plan to visit twice this year, the first time will be the last two weeks in September and the second time would be the first two weeks in December. Last year we stayed in Coronado near San Diego and loved that so we are looking for a similar place with boats and stuff. We rent condos rather than stay in hotels. People have told us that Venice in South Florida would be good. We would really welcome your ideas. many thanks.

Minneapolis...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

We visited Marco Island about five years ago. Very beautiful but we thought it was very quiet.

7. Re: which area to stay - fort myers, naples or marco island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 19:31