We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay pre cruise?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay pre cruise?

We are flying in from the uk and need a good quality hotel for 2 nights pre cruise end of feb. We have stayed at the hilton marina before but just for 1 night and did not have time to see fort lauderdale before getting on cruise. Not sure what fort lauderdale is like - we have stayed in Miami previously (Eden rock) and want a similar standard of hotel which is close to beach and shops. Would like to go to sawgrass mills as well if time allows or is there good shopping in the town? Lago Mar looks nice and also the Hilton beach but just need some guidance please.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay pre cruise?

I understand that the Doubletree Gallery One does a cruise package, it is close to the Galleria Mall which is very good, it's an upscale mall but seems to have many bargains.

minnesota
Level Contributor
278 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay pre cruise?

i will be staying at the Gallery One for one night pre-cruise this week.

I picked it because it was within walking distance to the Galleria Mall and a Publicx grovery store to purchase wine. it also has a water taxi stop. Will take the water taxi in the evening to see the intercoastal waterway and have a nice dinner out doors at one of the many eateries.

Each roon has a living area, small kitchen plus bedroom and bath.

3. Re: Where to stay pre cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 16:15