We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Am looking for reasonalble shuttle service for 2 people from Miami International

Airport to Fort Lauderdale hotel this coming Sunday and return to Miami from cruise terminal the next Sunday.

66 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Since your transport goes from and to Miami Airport , you may get better information on the Miami Forum. I can tell you that it is about 35 miles each way, so it may not be what you would consider cheap.

I can also tell you that the official shuttle allowed to base themselves at MIA is called Super Shuttle. I never use them but see their vans in traffic. The site seems to indicate that from M1A to a hotel in the south of Ft. Lauderdale would be about $30 pp in that one direction ( more for hotels further north in town- what is your hotel?)' Then a price of $36 for one passenger and $13 for the second passenger plus a $2 fuel surcharge is listed for Port Everglades back to MIA. The airport to hotel pricing does not offer a discount for the second passenger for whatever reason. I have no idea if any of that is accurate. I do believe you will have to price them as two one way trips as you are not going to and coming from the same place.

You might want to contact Super Shuttle via their website and get exact quotes and information from them The transportation situation is more complicated than most visitors realize between the two towns and there are lots of other locally owned shuttle companies that have websites but may not be entirely dependable- we read stories of passengers who reserve and then are not picked up- and "testimonial posts " touting some companies are abundant and very suspicious in some cases.

There are also funny regulations about which vans can enter Port Everglades and operate in the two separate counties etc. This is just to give you a general idea- you really should see what the Miami experts may know.

Taxi fare in each case would lkely be $80-100 each way , shared by the two passengers. to give you some comparison.

The Miami posters may know of some oher shuttles that serve MIA , but by contract Super Shuttle is the only one allowed to keep vans parked permanently on site. at MIA.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Thanks for the info!!!

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
559 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

You might also want to check the GO Shuttle website:

http://www.floridalimo.com/

We are using them for transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and they are charging us about $30 per person. Their are 6 of us, so I am not sure if this makes a difference in the price. But, you might as well check them out. You can get a quote in their website.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Super Shuttle will take all 6 of you in a private shuttle for $85 for the entire van, no per person price. Much better priced!! Check it out!! Hope this helps you.

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
559 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Really!! Do they have a website?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

supershuttle.com/Locations/MIAAirportShuttle…

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
559 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Looks like super shuttle doesn't do FLL to the hotel we are staying at in Miami. I just tried doing a quote online and that's what the website says.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

SuperShuttle is not permitted to pick up passengers at FLL, just at MIA- and in the reverse FLL has it's own shuttle service- GO Van( www.floridalimo.com) that can pick up passengers at FLL, but not MIA. This is because of their contracts with the airports.

That's why I said in a earlier post that transportation can be complicated between the two towns. It is very possible that you may need to use one shuttle company from MIA- Fort Lauderdale and a different one back from Fort Lauderdale to MIA.

There are places each of these companies are not allowed to go- I am not certain what the rules are for Port pick ups, but I think you will find some limitations there as well of who can enter Port Everglades( Fort Lauderdale) to pick up passengers and who can enter Port of Miami. I believe this affects pick ups more than drop offs. So please check carefully with the companies to avoid misunderstandings.

They have negotiated contracts with the port and airport authorities that give them some exclusive rights- at least in the case of these two services.

I'm wishing our sometime poster Shuttevanman would see these posts and jump on- he is "in the biz" and knows all the do's and don'ts. Some of the rules make no sense to us laymen- but they do adhere to them.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,495 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

Somewhere in the back of my mind I also seem to remember that shuttles are not permitted to park and wait for disembarking pasengers at at least one Port- and it is such a nuisance for them having to circle and try to locate their people as they never know when folks will be allowed off ship and through immigration/customs that some shuttles will not do Port transport at all, so please make clear when booking any transport where it is you have to be taken to make sure they can/will bring you.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale

I' ve been helping out at our facility in WPB - Haven't been here in a while - Super Shuttle is your best bet at MIA for a shuttle - I don't know what hotel you're staying so here's taxi fare finder www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Miami to see the difference in prices . From FLL to Port of Miami for 6 passengers for a private van should be $15.00 per person ( I didn't realize Go Shuttle raised their rates ) you can go online and find a company to take care of you . They will also be able to give you a return for the same rate . Lulutoo , this summer Port Everglades doesn't allow vans to line up for pick-ups Unless you pre-arrange a pick-up before your cruise a group of 4 or more will have to get multiple cabs .

Reply to: Inexpensive shuttle service from Miami to Ft.lauderdale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale