We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

We are trying to decide where we will drop off the rental car....is it convemient to drop off at the airport and take a taxi or shuttle to the port? Will the renatl car service provide the shuttle service? Or, how much will a taxi cost. (2 people)

Thanks!

Canada1

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

The cheapest way to do it is to book transfers to the pier thru the cruise line from the airport. ($12 to $15 per person)They will have buses there waiting. A taxi would cost close to the same, maybe $5 more, unless you are sailing from Miami. It cost us $75 for a taxi/shuttle service to the port of Miami (25 miles south) from FLL for 4 people.

Chicago
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

I called Carnival just now and was told it is $30 pp each way, so cab is cheaper.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

in my experience the cruise line shuttle is the worst choice- they add a mark up and make you wait a long time sometimes while their "guide" waits to fill the vehicle from other incoming flights. If there are two or more of you, taxi will be a great choice--should not be more than $15 total- less I think but I don't keep up- and it is split between all in the cab , so two of you would be no more than $7.50 ea or less with no waiting for others or stopping at other ships first. FLL and Port Evergldes ( which I am assuming you mean- Port of Miami is a different story) are very close together, they share the same I-595 exit.

As far as rental car shuttles I don't think all do- you would have to check with your company. I know Thrifty and Budget have off airport offices closer to the port that have shuttles in- but you would have to specify that office as your drop off when you rent.

Budget Office is the one at the Quay on SE17th St, Thrifty the office on Miami Avenue- they are listed as choices on their websites.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
772 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

The cost of a shuttle arranged by Carnival from FLL to Port Everglades is $15 per person. It is $30 per person to Port of Miami. While it may be cheaper to arrange for an aletnative to the cruise lines shuttle the benefit is that the cruise shuttle will make sure you get to the boat on time even if they have to call ahead and let them know your on your way. This is important if time is of the essence. The cruise shuttle will have other cruisers on the shuttle and they will hold the boat.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

There is a regular shuttle service to the main car rental companies at the airport from the port. I don't know if there is a cost to that or not - the car rental company would advise you.

We used Budget as mentioned above, as it seemed so close to the port, but waited a long time for the shuttle service - we ended up taking a cab which cost us $20. Budget had one vehicle out serving all the docks at Port Everglades and there were 10 cruise ships in that day.

The taxi is expensive for the length of trip as there can be huge queues on busy days to get through security into the docks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

I do hope the original poster will clarify whether they mean Port Everglades or Port of Miami. People fly in to FLL for both places, but of course Port of Miami is much further away- many people don't realize we may all be talking about different ports.

7. Re: Taxi fare from FLL to cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:18