We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Dewey Destin’s?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which Dewey Destin’s?

We’ve been to Destin a few time but never eaten at Dewey’s. I feel like we’re missing out! LOL. I’ve read lots of reviews/posts and get mixed opinions as to which is better, Bayside or Harbor side. There are 10 of us, including four kids. Some of our favorite restaurants include McGuires, Brotulas, Pompano Joe’s. Would like your input please. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Dewey Destin's
Dewey Destin's
2,487 Reviews
Destin, FL
Pompano Joe's
Pompano Joe's
3,090 Reviews
Destin, FL
McGuire's Irish Pub
$$ - $$$, American, Irish, Bar
Zesty Baguette Bistro
$$ - $$$, Seafood, French, Asian
6 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

Definitely Bayside! I think the harbor side one is highly overrated.

I admit to being so disappointed on our first visit to the harbor side place that we didn't give it another chance. It was awful; service, food, and the view of staff dumping the meal remains into a trash receptacle on the side of the restaurant.

It was winter and not busy, so no reason to be given a table in such a location in the restaurant.

Obviously, people who didn't have our experience will give it better marks, but that was enough for us. And there is no excuse for soggy french fries either.

Destin, FL
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

Bayside, but you order at the counter and you are sitting outside.... Worth it to me.

United States
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

I agree, drink!

My avatar photo is actually from my table at the bayside Deweys.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

Bayside wins for us every time. Since you sit at picnic tables for four you won’t be sitting together with a group of ten. The chance of getting 3 picnic tables together is about zero! There are a few large tables but they aren’t over the water. The food is delicious and so fresh. The sides aren’t great but you are there for the fish and shrimp. It is a very different kind of place than anything we have near us so that is why we like it.

Niceville, Florida
Level Contributor
948 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

I've lived here for over 15 years, and Dewey's on the Harbor use to be one of my favorite places to eat. The food was fabulous, and their service was always excellent. Until...

over the last four or five years the quality of food and service at Dewey's (on the Harbor) has declined. They've sort of transitioned...intentionally or not...into a tourist restaurant, along the lines of AJs. That's disappointing.

Dewey's at Crab Island is a paper-plate kind of place, where deep-fried food is about half of the menu. It's okay, but certainly not great. But I have to admit, I love to go to Dewey's Crab Island location, grab a beer or two, and maybe some fried shrimp and hushpuppies (their hushpuppies are still outstanding), sit down at the end of their dock and enjoy the sunset. There's no better place in Destin to watch a summer sunset, than the end of Dewey's dock.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Destin, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Dewey Destin’s?

The Bayside location is a great spot for sunset and I think most people consider it superior to the harbor location.

Reply to: Which Dewey Destin’s?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted