We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

I know the toes in the sand are but what about the drink in the hand??? Maybe just a six pack of beer on ice to sip on while hanging out on the beach. We'll be on the North End staying at the Palm Pavilion and renting chairs in front of there if that helps.

Is it allowed, tolerated, done discreetly anyways????

Thanks for your help.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

If you're sitting above the high water mark in front of the PP then it would be allowed - since that is considered private beach.

If you have it in a paper cup and wander on down to the water I doubt anyone will say anything. Of course don't breathe on anyone. ;-)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

Not allowed. But, if done descreetly, and are not drawing attention, being loud, etc, you can usually get away with it. Put it in a plastic cup, travel mug etc. Take it in cans, no glass should be taken on the beach.

If you are not causing problems, and do get caught, they will probably just make you pour it out, but, again, it isn't legal.

Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

Thanks for the replies. Interesting about the high watermark Chut, wouldn't mind hanging out there if there are chairs available. Was already planning on bringing the Travel Mug so I'll give that plenty of use. :)

Sounds like kind of same thing as Michigan Beaches, it's illegal but be discreet and don't act like a DB and you'll be okay.

By the way Mark, you are true asset to this Travel Forum. Keep up the good work. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

Last time I was in Clearwater (May 2000). I was caught by the old bill with a beer on the beach. They made us pour it away in front of them. In fairness, we didn't know it was ilegal, but it was a bit embarrasing having to do it in front of all the other people on the beach!! A lesson learnt though.

5. Re: Toes in the Sand-Drink In the Hand. Is it allowed????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:16