We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

I will be visiting Rehoboth Beach with my family for the first time next week and am looking for the names of some reasonably priced restaurants (including some recommendations for a good pizza place) in and around Rehoboth Beach. I'm not interested in any fast food establishments, mind you, but just some nice restaurants that won't necessarily break the bank. Thanks in advance for any help that you can give to me.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

Nicola's Pizza is good. There are two of them right around the corner from each other. The newer one is two stories and is right on Rehoboth Ave.

There is also Grotto's pizza but I personally prefer the taste of Nicola's. As far as other restaurants that cater to families, you may want to try Jake's Seafood or Summer House. For Mexican, try Mariachi or Dos Locos. They are all reasonably priced and have good reputations.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

HI. Here are some recommendations for lunch/dinner:

I would recommend Grotto Pizza for pizza. My favorite location is North Boardwalk. It is reasonably priced so it is good for either lunch or dinner. IF you are in the mood for chinese, check out the Chinatown (Shanghai) Buffet behind the Roadhouse in Midway Shopping Center. I would recommend lunch for the cheaper pricing. Dinner prices are too high. They have lots of selections on their buffet and it includes an American food bar, Salad Bar, Fruit Bar, Dessert Bar, Ice Cream, Grill (steak, etc) in addition to the chinese food. I would recommend Big Fish Grill for seafood or even their Big Chicken entree. It is a little more expensive, but not too bad. It is probably one of our favorites in town. Plus, lunch pricing is cheaper IF you want to save some money. IF you want to get steamed crabs while in town, your best bet will be Ed's Chicken & Crabs in Dewey. They have the best prices around by the dozen (already steamed). IF you don't mind a chain restaurant, Cracker Barrel has pretty good southern style food at reasonable prices. The Greene Turtle in Lewes has great sandwiches (crabcake, monte cristo, etc). They recently opened one on the boardwalk above Thrashers. I haven't tried this location yet, but IF the food is as good as Lewes--it would be a good bet. The prices here are not bad at all & the portions were large. Also one of my favorites! IF you want to get some Subs, try Casapullas next to the Kmart. There is nothing like an Italian sub from the East Coast & they are pretty cheap. It is a nice cool lunch for a hot summer day on the go. We love to take the subs with us out on the boat fishing!

Not in Rehoboth, but within a half hour drive time are a few nice places to eat too. These include the Cottage Cafe in Bethany Beach and La Quetzalteca in Millsboro. The Cottage Cafe is not cheap, but not terribly expensive either. The food is worth the drive. Try their Sand Dune fries. IF you want real authentic Mexican, then I recommend La Quetzalteca. You get pretty large portions and the food is spot on. You get free chips and salsa with your entree. They do have a lunch menu with cheaper pricing, but only during the weekdays.

Well, these are some of my favorites in the area for lunch and dinner. I tried to give you a variety of foods (Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Seafood, American). I know you didn't ask but for breakfast try the Royal Treat, Cracker Barrel or Crystal Restaurant. They all have good food at decent prices. The Royal Treat is definately a must for the Italian French Toast! Also an excellent breakfast was the Pelican Grille, but the service was terribly slow. The Lemon Poppy Hotcakes were very good. It has good food at Ok prices for breakfast, but dont go IF you are in a hurry.

Hope this helps. Happy Travels.

PS. I have written reviews for ALMOST all of the places I mentioned. Feel free to check out my reviews with photos for more info on each place.

Coastal South...
Level Contributor
381 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to respond. I sincerely appreciate all of your suggestions and will make sure to print them all out before I leave on Sunday. Now if I can just deal with all of this summer heat, I will be fine -- LOL!

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
830 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

Try Bethany Blues for good barbecue. Either on the highway north of Rehoboth or in Bethany Beach.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

We've had Grotto pizza delivered with the bottom of the box soaked through with grease and leaking same. Literally "Heart Attack on a Plate". Never again!

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

i think grotto's has gone downhill in the past few years.

don't even THINK about ordering a cheesesteak sub from them....the last one i got was downright inedible...the meat tasted like it'd gone south a week ago, it was NASTY!

capriotti's has subs featuring real (yes, REAL) roast turkey. & their steak sub's pretty durned good too, IMO.

Edited: 19 July 2010, 11:18
PA & lower DE
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

My wife got her usual Chicken Cheesy Cheesesteak from Grotto's last weekend and it was just as good as usual. I think they are doing just fine.

8. Re: Looking for Restaurant Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Rehoboth Beach