We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night Stay, What To Do?

1 post
One night Stay, What To Do?

I plan on taking a very short trip on August and Dewey Beach popped in my mind but I've never been. Is Dewey Beach any good for people mid to late 20's, and are there any suggestions for activities or places to stay?

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
1,476 reviews
1. Re: One night Stay, What To Do?

Dewey is perfect for the college age crowd that likes to party. There are several bars in town that the college age crowds frequents to drink, dance and party. There are usually live bands performing at the Bottle & Cork. The Rusty Rudder and the Starboard are very popular bars. In town you can also rent jet skis, parasail, go to the beach etc.

In neighboring, Rehoboth Beach, there is a boardwalk with tons of restaurants (from fast food stands to nice sit down establishments). There are several types of cuisine available in town....a foodie paradise. There are several arcades, a small amusement park for kids (with a few rides for big kids too) and some nice boutique shops. Rehoboth Beach also has 2 small waterparks, a cinema, a live theatre, go-karts, mini-golf, etc. There is a winery in Lewes. There is a small brew pup, Dogfish Head in downtown Rehoboth Beach. The Purple Parrot in Rehoboth has a free drag queen show on Sunday Nights, which is interesting. I have even seen bachelorette parties here!

You can take the Jolly Trolley between towns if you don't want to drive & pay for parking.

Hope this helps some.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
373 posts
2. Re: One night Stay, What To Do?

Hi, Sha N.

Dewey is a great choice for someone in their mid to late 20s.

This link to what Delaware beach fits each style might be helpful. Click on the link for Dewey for more informatoin about what to do while you're there.

visitdelaware.com/things-to-do/beaches/style/

Happy travels,

The Visit Delaware Team

3. Re: One night Stay, What To Do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2018, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations
More Dewey Beach Topics