We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Dining Option

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Group Dining Option

Hello! I will be in Dewey Beach this summer for a girls weekend with about 20 women. I am looking for restaurant suggestions for dinner that would be good for a group our size. Thanks!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
1,476 reviews
1. Re: Group Dining Option

Hi,

I would consider Big Fish Grill in Rehoboth. You might be able to reserve several tables in the tiki room so it feels somewhat private. Taste of Italy in Rehoboth Beach is pretty big. They should be able to accommodate with reservations. Confucius Chinese (upscale Chinese) has a rear dining room that could also accommodate your party, but I would suggest reservations here too. Also Mariachi Mexican has ample space, both inside and out. It just depends on what you are looking for.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Group Dining Option

Thanks for the suggestions, daisyferret1! We are hoping to walk to dining from our hotel. Are there any restaurants in Dewey Beach proper that are good for groups?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
3. Re: Group Dining Option

If you do the Large Groups search on Trip Advisor you get this

https:/…MAINWRAP

I don't know if that is pasting right, if not click on large groups on the left hand side

Other than that, I don't go out to eat much

Edited: 23 May 2016, 07:48
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
375 posts
4. Re: Group Dining Option

Hi, robot44.

Below is a link to listings of restaurants in southern Delaware that are good for accommodating large groups.

http://ow.ly/sp1m300uiPQ

Happy planning,

The Visit Delaware Team

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
1,476 reviews
5. Re: Group Dining Option

Hi Robot44,

I do not usually dine in Dewey. IF I do it is usually at Ed's Crabs, which is just a little crab shack. So I cant really recommend any nice restaurants there. I do know the Rusty Rudder has lots of outdoor tables right on the beach, which may be appealing. It can be a busy place though, especially at night since it is a place that people like to go to party & drink. So, not sure IF it will be what you are looking for. You can always take the Jolly Trolley from Dewey into Rehoboth Beach for a nice dinner downtown Rehoboth.

Hope this helps some. Sorry I cant be more help.

Northern VA
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Group Dining Option

In the summer (especially), Dewey is more of a drinking/party town than a dining destination. Your best bet will be Nalu or Whiskey Beach (they are right next to each other). I've had groups of 10-12 there, so they can likely accommodate 20. For more/fancier options, getting to Rehoboth is pretty easy via the Jolly Trolly, which is a large open air trolly towed behind a van. It comes by every 20 mins or so between Dewey and Rehoboth. I think it is $3 one way or $5/RT for the mile or so ride.

The new-ish Dewey Beer Company may be able to seat 20, but I have never made it past the bar area there.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Group Dining Option

Whiskey Beach is gone.

rehobothfoodie.com/breaking-chews/…

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
8. Re: Group Dining Option

Thanks everyone!!!

9. Re: Group Dining Option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2017, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations
More Dewey Beach Topics