We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First beach vacation!

New York
5 posts
First beach vacation!

Looking for lots of advice for our upcoming trip! Traveling from 8/3-8/8 with our three sons (11 yrs and 8 yr old twins). Best places to eat also any to stay away from. Must do activites/attractions; anything really not worth spending money and time on? Best beaches? First time all boys will be at the beach!! My oldest wants to search for shark teeth but not sure if there will be much luck in this area! Feel free to add suggestions for Rehobeth Beach area too. We do plan on taking ferry to Cape May one day. Thanks in advance and I am so excited to hear all the ideas!!

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
931 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: First beach vacation!

Funland in Rehoboth is first to come to mind. There are two water parks out on Rt 1. Jungle Jims and another I can't remember name of. Dewey has been doing family movie night on beach. Maybe some fishing on pier at Cape Henlopen state park.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
1,479 reviews
2. Re: First beach vacation!

Your sons might like Midway Speedway Park (go-karts,Fire Mountain mini golf & white water mountain waterpark). Funland is a great option for this age group with the rides, arcade games & skeeball. There are several arcades on the boardwalk in Rehoboth as well. Ryan's Rooftop mini-golf is a nice spot in the evening too. I've never been, but your kids might like the DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum in Fenwick Island. In Fenwick there is also the Viking Amusements and Thunder Lagoon Waterpark. Fenwick also has a pirate sail. They might like to tour the Lightship Overfalls in Lewes or do the Pirates of Lewes Expedition. Since you said you were taking the Lews-Cape May Ferry one day..check their schedule. They have a Kids Ahoy program. Select sailings are Lighthouse Pete’s Family Fun Cruise where the mascot is on board. There are also several fishing charters that go out of Lewes & dolphin watching cruises too IF that interests you! On a rainy day, you can catch a matinee at Midway theater.

As far as beaches go, I like the CHSP beaches the best since they have the bath house and concession stand nearby. Plus you just have to buy the park entrance fee & no worries about meters.

Hope this helps some!

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: First beach vacation!

Both the above responses are spot on. You could also consider doing a boat/fishing trip. We did one on our last visit a few weeks ago out of Lewes (not far from the ferry) where the kids caught small sand sharks...very cool.

TONS of great restaurants....and basically most restaurants in Rehoboth are kid friendly. may depend a bit on budget, though.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
374 posts
4. Re: First beach vacation!

Your children are going to enjoy the trip for more kid friendly advice go to visitdelaware.com/beaches/…

Enjoy your trip!!

5. Re: First beach vacation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations
More Dewey Beach Topics