We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Long Island, New...
1 post
1 review
Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Hi. Was originally going to plan a girl's trip to Ocean City the 2nd weekend in August, but someone recommended Dewey Beach. Do they have a nightlife there? We are not the "sit at a bar type" we like to dance and have fun. Any suggestions, tips and/or advice would be appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
687 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Dewey Beach is known for its nightlife. It's only a couple blocks long, but packed with bars & fun. Ruddertown, Starboard and Bottle & Cork are the iconic places. Check out https://www.deweybeachlife.com

And

https:/…dewey-beach-activities.html

Edited: 18 July 2017, 21:10
Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
368 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Yes, Dewey is a happenin' place - especially for college aged crowd.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
687 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Hi Sabrina. Just so you know, Dewey is about 1/20th the size of Ocean City. It's lots of fun, but tiny and more quaint. Have you ever been to Secrets in OC? Yeah, Dewey is about that big.

1 post
2 reviews
4. Re: Dewey Beach or Ocean City??

Been going to Dewey Beach for 23+ years through my 20's, 30's and 40's. It's about a mile long but as one pointed out lots of bars. You need to hit Jam Session at Bottle & Cork on Saturday at 5pm. Get there early. Lines are long. Off season on a giving weekend is about a couple of hundred residents. That swells to 35,000 in the Summer. There is also Rusty Rudder, Jimmy's, Que Pasa, Starboard, NorthBeach. Lots to chose but be prepared for crowds. I will actually be there myself the 2nd weekend of August.

Edited: 19 July 2017, 22:13
Reply to: Dewey Beach or Ocean City??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach
Recent Conversations
More Dewey Beach Topics