We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

We'll be traveling to Bethany Beach in June and i was wondering if anyone had information about parking near the beach. I saw a post about parking passes for the day but somehow cannot find it now. I believe it mentioned a kiosk where the all day pass could be purchased.

We may also travel to Rehoboth Beach so if anyone could share information about parking there it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

15 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

$2 / hour in Rehoboth I believe, 7 minutes a quarter

East Coast, US
Level Contributor
33 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

In Bethany, the parking kiosks take credit cards, no need for quarters. When you use a credit card you have to get a minimum of 2 hours (~$3), but you can certainly get more. You enter how many hours you want on the kiosk, it charges your card, and prints a receipt with a time on it; you have to place this in your windshield. Important: Be back by that time!!! The BB police are always out and checking and you *will* get a ticket if you go over!

The state park pass is a great idea if you will use it at least 6-7 times. I have bought it the past several years and I've figured out that's the break even point vs paying for parking each day you go. Last summer I believe it was $10/day at the state park. The nice thing about the park (Fenwick is our favorite) is that you're parking right next to the beach, whereas at the boardwalk downtown, you may have to walk a bit depending on where you end up finding a spot.

*However* be forewarned that on busy weekends (like July 4th) the state park lot can fill up and have a line of cars waiting to get in. Of course, when that's the case, there's no parking downtown either.

Depending on where you are staying, you might be able to take advantage of the town bus/trolley or a beach shuttle from your rental community.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

We'll be in Bethany beach next Monday and will use parkmobile app to pay for parking parking. We drive from Washington DC and arrive pretty early probably 8am. What time does the parking open or it opens 24/7?

Also, which street has more parking space?

We prefer to park close to the beach if possible

Thanks

Vernon, New Jersey
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

:) Parkmobile mobile app is avery good idea!

Thanks a lot!

Bethany Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach

The parking meters start at 10am sharp and if you use quarters it is $2 an hour so the park app is the way to go.

Reply to: Parking at Bethany and/or Rehoboth Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted