We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best American fare in Bethany

Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
Best American fare in Bethany

If you had 1 night in Bethany to have dinner but had some picky eaters (an allergy to onion/garlic so can’t be heavy on sauces & seasonings) and not all seafood lovers - which American fare place would you recommend? We tried Bethany blues it was fine. Cottage cafe & it was just ok as expected. Difebos was very good. For our last night we’d like another nice meal (like Difebos but not Italian) Matt’s fish camp was recommended but concerned it may be too much focus on seafood & not able to accommodate allergies.

5 replies to this topic
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
234 reviews
1. Re: Best American fare in Bethany

Mango’s is probably your best bet. They have something for everyone, and as long as you don’t go when they are slammed, they will be accommodating with special requests. They have great views of the ocean. Overall a fun beach atmosphere.

Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: Best American fare in Bethany

Thank you! We tried boathouse tonight & all I could get was a burger - same as at Bethany blues because of my allergy. I’ll call to see if they can accommodate my allergy! I’d like one good meal while I’m here although I know it’s hard to accommodate my allergies / difebos did a great job

Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Best American fare in Bethany

Any other suggestions for a bit more upscale a restaurant than mangos?

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
99 posts
234 reviews
4. Re: Best American fare in Bethany

The challenge in Bethany is that the best upscale restaurants are primarily seafood. Bluecoast is a very nice overall experience, as is 99 Sea Level, but their menus are dominated by fish, and I don’t know how flexible their kitchens are.

If you’re willing to venture a couple miles north or south, One Coastal in Fenwick is among the better places in the area. The Back Porch in Rehoboth is the single best restaurant in the region, worth the trip for a special night out. I have found them to be more than accommodating. One of the owners, Keith, is usually the host...tell him what you need before you’re seated, and he’ll do his best to get you taken care of.

Level Contributor
33 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Best American fare in Bethany

Thank you!

Reply to: Best American fare in Bethany
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bethany Beach