We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Princeton to Bethany Beach

5 posts
Save Topic
Public transport from Princeton to Bethany Beach

Foreigner exploring USA solo.

I'd like to travel to Bethany Beach for one day over Easter weekend. I'll travel from Princeton Junction. What would be the cheapest way to get there via public transport?

On google maps I see there is a ferry in cape may. Would it be cheaper to train /bus/ferry/uber that way around to Bethany Beach?

1 reply
Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
88 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Princeton to Bethany Beach

Getting to Bethany without a car could be problematic this time of year. In the summer, there are buses that run from Wilmington to Rehoboth directly. Easter, your choices are limited and not easy by public transit.

If you can get to the Cape May ferry, there is a bus that runs between Lewes and Rehoboth, but no further.

If you’re up for an adventure, you can catch a NJT train at Princeton to Philadelphia, Septa train to Wilmington, then a DART bus from there to Georgetown (DE), and another to Rehoboth. I haven’t worked out the timing, but it’s a lot of traveling for one day at the beach.

Also, if you have your heart set on Bethany, there are no transit options there until after Memorial Day. If you are able to rent a car, it might wind up being your easiest way to see the Delaware beaches.

Since you’re in NJ, have you considered one of the loveliest beaches in that state, Ocean City? I’m pretty sure there is bus service to there, and it’s a far more enjoyable place than Bethany in the off season.

Reply to: Public transport from Princeton to Bethany Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted