We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon

My fiancée and I have been looking for a nice beach for our honeymoon, we’re out of Roanoke, VA, we’ve both been to all the Virginia and Carolina beaches, OBX, Topsail Island, VA Beach etc... we’ve decided we want somewhere that neither of us have been to make our honeymoon special. We’ve been looking for a quiet, non-tourist beach like Myrtle, but not so quiet there is nothing to do haha we’ve been looking at Bethany Beach and a few others, any and all suggestions, tips, things to do, etc. would be helpful! Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Roanoke
Roanoke
Virginia
The Virginia Hotel
The Virginia Hotel
603 Reviews
Cape May, NJ
Bethany Beach
Bethany Beach
540 Reviews
Bethany Beach, DE
2 replies to this topic
Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
1,431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Bethany and downtown Lewes are pretty quiet beach towns. Rehoboth is a tad more touristy. You can easily travel from Lewes to Rehoboth to shop, walk the boardwalk, go to the movies, go to dinner, etc. Dewey is just south of Rehoboth. It is not as touristy, but is known more for their bar scene.

I personally like Lewes and Rehoboth. Lewes is the quieter of the two, especially if you get a beachfront house away from the highway. However, I like the convenience of walking around downtown Rehoboth at night to window shop, take in a concert at the band stand, walk the boardwalk, etc. Bethany is a nice town, but not enough for me to do. I have taken day trips there to visit, but never stayed in Bethany. Fenwick Island is just south of Bethany too.

Mentioned in this post
Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
913 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

Don't know your budget or the season. Lewes is nice quaint town. We like staying at the Inn at Canal Square. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34… The Buttery is first among some very good dining in Lewes. You can bike over to Cape Henlopen State Park for ocean beach or hop on the ferry for a day in Cape May another quaint nice town.

We also like the Boardwalk Plaza for anniverseries in Rehoboth.

Mentioned in this post
Lewes
Lewes
Delaware
Inn at Canal Square
Inn at Canal Square
201 Reviews
Lewes, DE
The Buttery
The Buttery
664 Reviews
Lewes, DE