We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer here for the entire coast

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer here for the entire coast

Hi! I am going to Bethany Beach the first week of July. This will be my first time ever along this coast. I will be with my boyfriend and another couple. All late 20s early 30s. I have been reading as much as I can about the area. To my understanding Bethany Beach is the more quaint, small town quiet beach. Which is fine for us. It will be nice to have that to unwind. What I need is suggestions on where else to go and what to do for day trips. I don't want to go stir crazy in the same small place for 8 days. Its probably fine for some but as for us not so much. As I said this is my first time and I'd like to see as much as I can. I think I read that Ocean City is close by. I also want to visit Assateague Island. Are there any other places I should put as a must do? We are pretty versatile people and enjoy it all. From the quiet beaches to people watching at the busiest. Bar hopping to nature photography (we actually have a new camera that we want to test out/break in lol) Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Like I said we are newbies and have no clue on what we should try to fit in in 8 days, heck we even looked up going to Atlantic City or the Jersey shore for a day but I didn't think that was feasible. Thank you in advance for any info!!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer here for the entire coast

I'm not sure anything will be quaint and quiet around the 4th of July. Expect a lot of people everywhere.

You might want to try Parasailing. I did it once with Dewey Beach Parasail, it was a lot of fun. The Freeman Stage has national acts, you might want to check out their schedule.

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
922 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer here for the entire coast

There are some bars in Dewey Beach that you might like. Rehoboth boardwalk is worth visiting. (They are about 15-20 min north of Bethany. Check into kayaking maybe on the back bays. There is an interesting museum for the old coast life saving stations between Bethany and Dewey. Lewes DE a little further north is a nice small historic town. There is a house with a cannonball in the foundation from the British bombardment in War of 1812.

OHHH......just thought.....go up to the Indian River portion of DE Seashore State parks. They just opened a restaurant/bar on top of the buildings there that looks quite interesting! Haven't had a chance to check it out personally yet.

https://www.bigchillbeachclub.com/

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer here for the entire coast

Since you like nature photography, if you find yourself in Rehoboth Beach, check out Kevin Fleming's shop on Rehoboth Avenue. He was a National Geographic photographer and i think his photos are outstanding. Also Delaware has no, zero, sales tax and MD has a 6% sales tax if you want to save a few dollars

Post a question in the Ocean City, MD forum, you will get loads of advice

Edited: 17 June 2017, 06:15
Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer here for the entire coast

You might enjoy Seacrets in Ocean City. Live music and you can order drinks while floating on the bay. Farther south, we like Harrison's Harbor House for the view at night. Great oyster stew! Assateague is a beautiful place -- photog's paradise.

In Rehoboth, there's a walking tour of some of the great restaurants: Eating Rehoboth. Check rehobothfoodie.com for restaurant reviews up and down the coast, though mostly focused north of Bethany. One of Rehoboth's most popular seafood restaurants, Big Fish Grill, has opened a new place in Ocean View, south of Bethany. A little further south, in Fenwick, is Nantucket's, an excellent fine dining restaurant.

5. Re: First Timer here for the entire coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2018, 14:18