We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Stamford from HPN?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
83 posts
168 reviews
How to get to Stamford from HPN?

Arriving Friday am at Westchester airport, White Plains,NY, which I was told was the closest airport to the Hilton Stamford. Apparently a taxi or car service is $75, which is ridiculous, it looks only 20km away. Hotel has shuttle only from Stamford train station. How do I get from airport to hotel without walking too far & for less than $70??

Thx!

14 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Level Contributor
83 posts
168 reviews
11. Re: How to get to Stamford from HPN?

Ah, thx, I didn’t know Uber prices changed with demand😳. Rome2rio says there is a shuttle called Jayride, $40-55? It lists bus & train prices too with quite a price range. I thought the price was just the price?? I mean a shuttle by nature is supposed to be set price & cheaper than a taxi as lengthier delay due to traffic, for example, is shared amongst more passengers & you don’t get door to door.

CT, USA
Level Contributor
211 posts
36 reviews
12. Re: How to get to Stamford from HPN?

I am suspect of the numerous shuttle services that I have found during internet searches. I personally believe they are opportunistic as the sands shift beneath, as you well have noticed. You have 2 solid Uber Tripp’s here in the week. I’d stick with Uber.

CT, USA
Level Contributor
211 posts
36 reviews
13. Re: How to get to Stamford from HPN?

And you won’t regret using HPN. Much less hassle than NYC. The bucolic ride thru the burbs, and you won’t miss the couple $ Uber charge.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
83 posts
168 reviews
14. Re: How to get to Stamford from HPN?

Great! 😊

Reply to: How to get to Stamford from HPN?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted