We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party October 14-16th

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bachelor Party October 14-16th

Hi,

I'm 25 and will be flying into Denver on a Friday afternoon in mid-October with 6 other guys for my bachelor party. We're a relatively tame group of mid-twenty year old guys just looking for a fun weekend getaway in the beautiful CO mountains (My wedding is November 4 btw).

Unfortunately, the timing of everyone's schedule along with TCU's football schedule pushed back our trip later than we would have liked. I've been to Colorado many times during ski season and the summer, but never in the fall. I knew mid-October would kind of be a "dead season," but I don't know if I realized how dead it would truly be.

Our original plan was to stay in Vail Village, but because we heard the town will be pretty dead while we're there, we decided to save money and stay at a family friend's cabin about 20 minutes further west in Edwards. We also originally wanted to go late august or early september to make sure we didn't miss the end of white water rafting... but oh well, no use crying over spilt milk now.

Our main goal right now is to figure out what outdoor/adventurous activities are open and available while we are there... granted, I know so much just depends what the weather decides to do while we're there.

We really wanted to rent downhill mountain bikes and take the lifts up and ride the trails, but I was told the lifts close at the start of October. Are there any alternative options? Are there roads up the mountain to some of the trails where we could hire someone to drive us and our bikes up the mountain and pick us up at the bottom a few times?

We also wanted to do white water river rafting... but it seems as if the chances of any place being open is very unlikely... and the river will likely be too low to be much fun anyway. Any advice here?

Another activity towards the top of our list is renting 4-wheelers / ATVs for either a guided or non-guided tour through the mountains. However, upon initial research it seems as if a lot of these places might be closed during this time of year as well.

Are there any other outdoor activities you could recommend? Any restaurants or bars?

Thanks!

1 reply
Baja California...
Level Contributor
79 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party October 14-16th

Have you checked out Nova Guides? novaguides.com/summer-activities/…

Perhaps you would be interested in a bike tour. There's always Vail Pass. http://www.vailwheelbase.com

The weather is unpredictable that time of year and hunting season has begun so there are some limitations to outdoor activities. Have you been to Bol in Vail Village? Bowling and cocktails... E-Town in Edwards is somewhere you will find local people out. Check the Vail Daily while you are visiting for events and specials. Most restaurants will have special deals this time of year, some may be closed for off season.

Have you been to 10th Mountain Whiskey yet on Bridge Street?

Edited: 03 October 2016, 05:22
Reply to: Bachelor Party October 14-16th
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted