We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Vail from Denver

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Vail from Denver

I am traveling to Vail from Denver in late December. We're going to stay a few days in Vail then head back to Denver for the football game on New Years Day. What is the best way to get there and back? Rental car or shuttle service? What shuttle services would you recommend? Are there shuttle companies that will drop us off at our Hotel in downtown Denver on the return?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Furlong PA
Level Contributor
398 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

I've used CME from DIA and had great service. They claim to go downtown although it seems to only one hotel

coloradomountainexpress.com/downtown-denver

There are others, do a google search for Denver ski shuttle ... I can't comment on any of the others.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
26 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

Thank you!

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
2,999 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

We would elect a rental car.

Parking garages available at Vail, and the opportunity to explore nearby communities.

Sláinte

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

Leave early on your trip to Denver. The trip should take 90 minutes but could take 4-5 hours if there's a lot of skier traffic or weather. Get a car.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,482 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

New Years day traffic is not that bad. Once you are in Vail a car is more of a nuisance than anything else, plus the parking fees add up fast. You will need to reach out to the shuttle services to see who might drop you off at a hotel versus the Airport flydenver.com/parking_transit/transit/mounta…

Do you know where you are staying in Vail? I might revise the car thing if you are more than a couple of bus stops away from a lift.

I have talked to a couple of Uber drivers in Denver that will take people to the mountains. That might be an option.

https:/…

Edited: 20 September 2016, 08:40
6. Re: Traveling to Vail from Denver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2017, 14:16