We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail in October? Anything to do?

indiana
8 posts
Vail in October? Anything to do?

Hi all-

I will be in Vail the week of October 10th. I really wanted to go rafting but have found rafting seems to be over in Sept. I will have two teenage boys with me, any ideas on what to do? What to see? I'm kind of stuck as its not summer and not ski season. Any help would be greatly appreciated- Thank you!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,482 posts
178 reviews
1. Re: Vail in October? Anything to do?

I called Alpine Quest Sports and they weren't sure if there would be any group kayak lessons but they could do private lessons. ASk about sit on top kayak trips and pool roll lessons. 1-970-926-3867

alpinequestsports.com/class-descriptions.aspx

Some of Timberline Tours river trips run in October, and they have jeep tours too:

www.timberlinetours.com/jeep/index.html

www.timberlinetours.com/river/family.html

I called a couple of rafting companies in Glenwood Springs as well, and was advised that Rock Gardens Rafting stays open later in the year. Their website says they can raft into November, weather permitting. 1-970-945-6737

http://www.rockgardens.com/faq.html

Depending on the weather, hiking and bicycling may be good options for outdoor activities.

I'm sure others will have more ideas for you.

indiana
8 posts
2. Re: Vail in October? Anything to do?

Wow! You just pretty much did the work for me.... thanks so much-

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,482 posts
178 reviews
3. Re: Vail in October? Anything to do?

You're welcome. I was curious about it myself.

4. Re: Vail in October? Anything to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 18:21