We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabins in the area?

Kansas
Level Contributor
150 posts
129 reviews
cabins in the area?

Our family usually goes to the RMNP for vacation but looking into somewhere different next year. I always have problems sleeping at 9000 ft so we thought Vail might work. I've been looking but there seems only to be condos. Are there any small cabin resorts nearby? Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,959 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: cabins in the area?

Vail isn't a "cabin resort" kind of place (in my opinion). You might find something in the surrounding areas but I doubt in the valley. Hopefully some of the local experts will know. I've been to Piney River Ranch for horseback riding. It's in a beautiful location with incredible scenery. I think there are cabins to rent. It is higher in elevation.

Have you considered Steamboat Springs? It is around 6800'. A Google search turned up a nice looking place called Eagle Rock Ranch. Just another suggestion.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: cabins in the area?

Piney River Ranch has cabins to rent right on the lake. I am not sure of the elevation there. That's the only place I can think of near Vail. Summit county may have something. Check Breckenridge, Frisco, Dillon area & post to their forum.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
265 reviews
3. Re: cabins in the area?

I think Piney River is about the same or close in elevation to RMNP. Have you considered finding a place you could "sleep low" and then take day trips to higher locations?

4. Re: cabins in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2010, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Vail
Recent Conversations