We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lessons at snowmass

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
80 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Lessons at snowmass

my wife and sister in law just took their first ski lesson (1 1/2 hr) and are now thinking of taking another while in swowmass next month.

Does anyone have any info on the lessons. I see aspensnowmass offers lesson for 165 for 10-3 which includes lift ticket and equipment. is this a full 5 hours of instruction. If there are breaks (and I am sure there are) how long?

Any information would be appreciated.

thanks

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
80 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lessons at snowmass

I emailed aspen/snowmass and here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in Aspen/Snowmass. An extension is the rate we offer to those who have already enrolled in ski school but are not comfortable enough to move on and feel like they need another day or two. You will have a one hour lunch break and can relax on the lift ride back up the hill.

You can sign up for a 1 day and then convert it to 3 if one day isn’t enough. Also, the beginner lifts at Snowmass are not “T” or “J” bar style lifts so your wife should be fine.

Matthew N. Mammola

Advance Sales & Reservations Supervisor

Aspen Skiing Company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:43 PM

To: Breakthrough

Subject: question on lessons for adults

My wife and sister in law are thinking of taking lessons (both in early 40’s) . They only had 1 lesson before last week and would like to try again but have a few questions.

I see the following info posted on the website

Products

Cost

3 Days (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)

$352

1 Day (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)

$169

Unlimited Extensions (per day)

$125

Prices include lesson, lift & equipment

Questions:

What is unlimited extensions?

How much break time is there during the lesson (breaks or lunch)

What happens if they sign up for a one day but would like to convert it to 3 day afterwards, can this be done?

What type of lift is there at snowmass for beginners (where we are staying)?. My wife had a problems with J Bar hyperextending her shoulder.

Mentioned in this post
Aspen Snowmass
Aspen Snowmass
748 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
80 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lessons at snowmass

I emailed aspen/snowmass and here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in Aspen/Snowmass. An extension is the rate we offer to those who have already enrolled in ski school but are not comfortable enough to move on and feel like they need another day or two. You will have a one hour lunch break and can relax on the lift ride back up the hill.

You can sign up for a 1 day and then convert it to 3 if one day isn’t enough. Also, the beginner lifts at Snowmass are not “T” or “J” bar style lifts so your wife should be fine.

Advance Sales & Reservations Supervisor

Aspen Skiing Company

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: question on lessons for adults

My wife and sister in law are thinking of taking lessons (both in early 40’s) . They only had 1 lesson before last week and would like to try again but have a few questions.

I see the following info posted on the website

Products

Cost

3 Days (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)

$352

1 Day (10 a.m.-3 p.m.)

$169

Unlimited Extensions (per day)

$125

Prices include lesson, lift & equipment

Questions:

What is unlimited extensions?

How much break time is there during the lesson (breaks or lunch)

What happens if they sign up for a one day but would like to convert it to 3 day afterwards, can this be done?

What type of lift is there at snowmass for beginners (where we are staying)?. My wife had a problems with J Bar hyperextending her shoulder.

Mentioned in this post
Aspen Snowmass
Aspen Snowmass
748 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
Aspen
Aspen
Colorado
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lessons at snowmass

get the scoop straight from their website. All info and more is there at aspensnowmass.com/schools/adult/default.cfm. You can advance reserve online and save some $$ too.

4. Re: Lessons at snowmass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 09:18