We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vail to Silverton

United States
Level Contributor
127 posts
129 reviews
Vail to Silverton

All,

Your input is appreciated. I get into Vail the night of the 17th and plan to Mtn Bike the 18th. I am returning to the East Coast on the 22nd. I wanted to drive down to Silverton and hike Ice Lake and see the town and surrounding area of Telluride.

Can you tell me anything I must see from Vail down to Silverton? And in or around Silverton and Telluride. Photo opps are what I am looking for.

I appreciate any input!

Edited: 14 August 2016, 11:50
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
35,001 posts
508 reviews
1. Re: Vail to Silverton

We enjoyed visiting Box Canyon Falls in Ouray and got some great photos of the area.

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Vail to Silverton

It's about a 5 hour drive, are you planning on spending a night or two in the Silverton area?

United States
Level Contributor
127 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Vail to Silverton

Yea that is absolutely the plan.

4. Re: Vail to Silverton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2017, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Silverton