We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking suggestions- May 27

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking suggestions- May 27

(I also posted this in the Ouray forum but thought it might apply here, too!)

Hello!

We will be in the Durango area Memorial Day weekend. Staying in Durango- my wife is doing the Iron Horse road race on Saturday. I'm planning to drive to Silverton first thing in the morning and wait for her to finish...then we plan on driving north to Ouray and eventually enjoy Orvis Hot Springs and then will drive back to Durango in the evening (before dark!).

We would love to do a medium-ish hike somewhere between Silverton and Orvis. (Yes- she'll still want to do a hike even after that race!). But, will want to keep it somewhat mellow (less than 4 miles and not crazy elevation) and under 2 hours. Where could we be able to see the best scenery with these parameters? And not have to deal with bringing our yak-tracks to hike in snow? We live in Utah and are aware that we might be limited by the snow...but would love any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Ouray
Ouray
Colorado
Durango
Durango
Colorado
Silverton
Silverton
Colorado
Orvis Hot Springs
Orvis Hot Springs
220 Reviews
Ridgway, CO
Utah
Utah
United States
1 reply
Boulder
Destination Expert
for Boulder
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking suggestions- May 27

Check out the following:

https://www.amazon.com/Hiking-Southwestern-Colorado-Telluride-Silverton/dp/0997478020/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493910380&sr=8-1&keywords=hiking+silverton+colorado

https://www.amazon.com/Southwest-Colorado-High-Country-Hikes/dp/0982976658/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493910380&sr=8-2&keywords=hiking+silverton+colorado

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Telluride
Telluride
Colorado
Silverton
Silverton
Colorado
High Country Lodge & Cabins
High Country Lodge...