We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pagosa Springs vs. Durango with young family

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Pagosa Springs vs. Durango with young family

Hello!

I will be traveling to Colorado with my husband and my two daughters (ages 4 & 6 1/2) in late July. We plan to stay in Ouray for about 3 nights and I am currently deciding between staying in Durango or Pagosa Springs for another 3 nights. I get the feeling that Pagosa Springs is a little more low key than Durango but I could be wrong...that's why I'm posting here:) I do like the smaller town feel but want to be sure that there will still be plenty to do if we stayed in Pagosa. Any pros or cons for each place would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, how long is the drive time between Durango and Pagosa? I know it says it's about 60 miles but wondering if the drive time is a lot longer?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,846 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pagosa Springs vs. Durango with young family

The drive is what you'd expect, about an hour.

Pagosa has about 1,700 residents, Durango has ten times that.

There's the main difference.

Aside from the hot springs, ski resort, and breweries, there isn't much to do in Pagosa.

Durango has many, many more options.

Edited: 16 February 2017, 06:38
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pagosa Springs vs. Durango with young family

Thank you so much for that helpful information! Sounds like I should plan for Durango. Thank you!

Reply to: Pagosa Springs vs. Durango with young family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted