We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route granby to leadville

covington tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
Best route granby to leadville

We will be traveling in late august. We are looking for the most scenic route (and interesting towns) doesn't have to be the fastest. Seems to be 2 options one thru Georgetown the other thru kremming. Any suggestions would help Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
1. Re: Best route granby to leadville

Back in February as part of a road trip I drove Leadville to Granby via Kremmling simply to avoid as much of the I-70 as I could. I liked that I could take my time on the quieter road. Going via Berthoud Pass is arguably more spectacular but it depends on what you like scenery wise. Kremmling is more sweeping views and rolling plains, he other way is more mountainous and stunning. I didn’t stop along the way because I’d already been driving for a while (from Crested Butte) and wanted to get to my final destination before dark (Winter Park).

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,952 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Best route granby to leadville

I much prefer mountains to rolling plains so this route over Berthoud Pass, Loveland Pass, Vail Pass and Tennessee Pass wins my vote.

https://goo.gl/maps/ac56df4DKFG2

The route includes part of the Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway. I-70 all the way from Denver to Grand Junction may be the most scenic interstate in the U.S.

covington tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Best route granby to leadville

Thanks two both of you. Being flatlanders who love the mountains we will take the scenic mountainous route. Thanks again and the map was a great help

Reply to: Best route granby to leadville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leadville