We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 12:35
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

This is a travel forum. You question is better suited to city data forum.

www.city-data.com/city/Lamar-Colorado.html

Me, I'd probably drive there and check it out

Edited: 13 September 2014, 05:00
Colorado
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

Thanks!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
265 reviews
3. Re: Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

Well, part of your question is actually travel related because you asked what to do when you go there with your teen boys to check it out so I'll answer that. I used to live in the area many years ago and I don't think it has changed a whole lot. It is a very agricultural area and with the drought things are tough. Just to the north are a series of lakes that are well known for goose hunting in case your family is into that but with the dry conditions I understand that some of the water sources have dried up and the wild birds are not staying around.

I think there is a golf course also. A couple of museums. Probably a bowling alley and movie theater. Not much to do in a small prairie town. That's why family and friends are so important, imho. www.lamarchamber.com/page.cfm?pageid=19264

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g33515-Activitie…

Colorado
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Lamar, CO - what kind of town is it?

SusieLou has given you very good info. I lived in Lamar but it was over 50 years ago. It is a small town, with excellent small town values. In summer there is also a public swimming pool. IF and that is a very big if, there is also boating and recreation at John Martin Dam and Reservoir, but that is dependent on the water situation in the valley.

Get answers to your questions about Lamar