We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NHRA Nationals in July 19-22nd

Which Denver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
NHRA Nationals in July 19-22nd

Hi, my husband and i are traveling to the US in July and will be going to the drags in Denver. i am trying to find out the best transport to get from the city to the race track, or if there are any good hotels near the track? Also how long would it take to get to the nationals from a hotel in the city? Any information in regard to the racing weekend would be appreciated.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NHRA Nationals in July 19-22nd

To my knowledge, the only way to get to the drag strip is to drive there yourselves...or I guess there are some car services but that would be pretty pricey. It is an easy drive and there's been plenty of parking when we've attended.

You could stay downtown if you prefer, but you'll be closer and likely find better rates if you stay at one of the hotels in the West Denver/Golden/Lakewood area. Also, the downtown hotels generally charge for parking and the suburban hotels generally have free parking. There's a good list on the Bandimere Speedway website:

http://www.bandimere.com/services/hotels.php I don't see the Sheraton Denver West on that list, though, and that is the only hotel in that area I've stayed. It was very clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

The Hampton Inn Denver West would be closest, I believe, and the Hampton Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood would be next. There are also some hotels to the south along 470 (not a toll road in this area, don't worry) that would be a very easy drive to the strip...about 10 minutes... Holiday Inn Express and Hampton/Littleton. Downtown would be about 20-30 minutes, I'm guessing, so not really much further...just more traffic and finding a place to park.

Check www.denver.org for specials. Many of the Denver hotels (and restaurants, activities, etc.) will list their specials there.

It will probably be very hot, so I'd advise taking one of those little battery powered fans attached to a spray bottle you fill with water. (Or at least take a spray bottle of water...it really helps!)

Edited: 11 June 2013, 23:47
2. Re: NHRA Nationals in July 19-22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 15:16