We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near DIA

6 posts
Restaurant near DIA

Would like recommendations for a lunch restaurant near DIA (not too pricey).

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,647 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant near DIA

For something different try the Bar and Grill at Green Valley ranch. Nice deck. You could hit same balls too if that is appealing. https://www.gvrgolf.com/ there are tons of chains around. You could also stop at Northfields

http://www.northfieldstapleton.com/directory/

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,670 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant near DIA

Curious as to the reason you would want a lunch spot near the airport? Are you headed somewhere? Might give you better options to know.

I'm a fan of Ted Turner's Montana Grill. There's on in the Gateway Center where Pena Blvd. hits I-70.

Have fun.

6 posts
3. Re: Restaurant near DIA

We are headed to West Washington Park. We will be arriving around noon Denver time but 2:00 our time and figured we will be pretty hungry. If you have any suggestions headed that way that would be great too. Thanks for the replies.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
265 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant near DIA

I'm assuming "not too pricey" would exclude a place where the very basic hamburger is $15.00 without a beverage. That leaves out Montana Grill. How about reviewing the options that tripadvisor shows as either in the airport or very near the airport and budget friendly. https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-…

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,647 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant near DIA

Sadly a 15.00 burger is more the norm these days. Qualifies as not to pricey for most cities.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
265 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant near DIA

I think we are blessed then over here. We would definitely consider a $15 bare bones hamburger without a drink too much to pay. For that I can get a steak or great BBQ or an awesome burrito large enough for two people. Or folks in Denver can still find reasonable food if they look for it. Like at Ruby Tuesday on Tower Rd. just moments from the airport. Not a plain hamburger for $8.59. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie… I've eaten there more than once when flying out of the airport.

Edited: 16 July 2017, 02:01
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
265 reviews
7. Re: Restaurant near DIA

www.rubytuesday.com/menu/lunch… is the link I meant to add.

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Restaurant near DIA

You might want to consider eating in the airport if you're really hungry. The time it takes from when the plan lands to when you actually leave the airport will be over an hour, more if you have to pick up luggage. There are lots of good options in the airport, not just fast food.

If you can wait, here are two options that are just outside of DIA.

Vinny's Bar & Grill

www.vinnysbarandgrillatdia.com

Moonlight Diner

www.moonlightdinerdenver.com

Edited: 16 July 2017, 02:44
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
265 reviews
9. Re: Restaurant near DIA

Yes, all of those and more are in the initial link provided in my first post. I often just eat in the airport because it's so convenient.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,096 posts
197 reviews
10. Re: Restaurant near DIA

Agree about getting lunch in the airport. For me, Root Down is a far better option than anything near the airport. Fresh, local, organic and delicious.