We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
43 reviews
9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

I have a 9:00AM flight from Denver to Minneapolis Tuesday July 18th at 9:00AM. How long does it take to ride the rail from Union Station to the Airport that morning? I will also be staying in a hotel near the capitol house, so would also use the Mall bus to get to Union Station. When should I leave by? thanks

Edited: 11 July 2017, 08:03
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,671 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: 9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

I would think about the merits of Uber to the airport. Assuming that you do not have TSA Precheck. If you do not, I would be at the airport at least two hours before your flight. It's an airport that takes a lot of time to navigate. Light rail is about a 40 minute ride. Bus is 20-25 minutes. Add in 20 minutes buffer and that means around 5:30 a.m. departure. If you used Uber, you could probably leave the hotel 6:15 a.m.

Good luck.

Colorado
Level Contributor
72 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: 9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

The light rail out to the airport is very new and has had nothing but trouble since it opened. It's been shut down numerous times. I would not consider it a reliable way of transportation at all.

Uber, Lyft, or Super Shuttle would be better options. Tubleweed's recommendations on timing sounds right.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,671 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: 9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

And I would concur on the caution with light rail. Uber is a lot more reliable.

4. Re: 9:00AM flight, when to leave downtown Denver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2018, 14:17