We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Hi, this would be our girls first snow trip. Have heard great things about both but some considerations:

1. Great kid school

2. Easy terrain

3. Ease to get around

4. Less crowds (I know given this one is difficult given the rime of year)

5. Other activities besides skiing. (my parents are going also and they don't plan to ski)

6. Good Dining Options

Traveling party:

Me 34

DH 41

DD 8

DD6

Father 74

Mother 63

Thank you, so much

denver
Level Contributor
347 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

I'd go with Breck, more variety of non-ski activities.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
316 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Definitely Breck!!!

Way more to do!!! Great ski school, fabulous Nordic Center for snow shoeing and beautiful little town with lots of shops and dining!!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
3. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Contrary opinion on this one. If you can afford it go with Beaver Creek. Everything is a notch above Breck and will be far less crazy.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

The rest of the discussion here

tripadvisor.com/…44297496

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
108 reviews
5. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Plus, Breck is always windy...always!!! The Beav would be my choice, and there are free shuttles to get you into Vail for shopping, dining and other activities not found at Beaver Creek.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

Hi -Breck is wonderful for kids. We have been taking our girls since they were 4 and 7 (about 4 years). There are so many family friendly acitivities plus it is so close to Keystone you can easily drive there for even more great kid activities.

Honestly, we have looked at so many other places but always wind up going back to Breck. There is tubing, wonderful ski schools, snow mobiling and a great children's museum. If you decide to venture to Keystone while staying at Breck there is an amazing outdoor ice skating rink at the Keystone Resort and a kid's ice "fort" that my kid's always love.

Good luck and have a great vacation no matter which you choose.

7. Re: Breckenridge or Beaver Creek for Christmas with kids fist ti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Breckenridge