We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

Naples, Florida
1 post
Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

Hi there. me and the extended family are looking to rent a house in Breckenridge for Christmas 2012. But having never been there, I have no idea what the best locations are. Our group will range in age from 3 yrs old to 66 yrs old. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
28 reviews
36 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

Hi Dwhittles,

It might be best to give some particulars of what your expectations are in a house. The biggest one will be

1) Location as it pertains to proximity to the ski slopes. This will also be what typically factors into the $$ of the home. Super close to the slopes in a nice home, $$$$$$, couple of miles out of town in a nice home, not as much.

Matt

Tallahassee, FL
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

We are staying at the Grand Timber Lodge (which is ski in-ski out in Breckenridge) for Christmas.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

Dwhittles,

I understand your confusion...I think you need to list what you are looking for, and that will help decide location.

- Will you have a car? I am assuming you will...If you won't then you will want a house that is near the bus system.

- Ski in/Ski out is great depending on the size of the family and what you are looking for

I honestly prefer staying in a huge house right outside of Breck, but that's because I am a Colorado local and like to use the kitchen to cook as much as possible. I recommend a bigger house with more room slightly outside downtown (like 5-10 minutes) and then you just drive into town for dinner/activities.

VRBO has GREAT houses for rent...Go for a house that has a hot tub, fireplaces, and great big living room...A snowy Colorado MUST!

OK
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

As mentioned above, providing a little more information will help folks give you suggestions. How many bedrooms/bathrooms do you think you would need? Would you prefer to have everyone in one house/condo or would it be acceptable (preferable?) to have a couple of places located close to each other?

5. Re: Where to stay in Breckenridge for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 19:32